Honda CBR 600RR Forum banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
107 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
So today as I was getting on my bike I noticed these white marks on my seat and at first I thought it was just dirty, but after wiping it down with a damp cloth the marks were still there so I looked closer and they were actually scuff/wear marks. I've only ridden... 4 times and put 200 miles on the bike so I was like WTF!

So I have 2 questions: What exactly is the seat made of (the marks look like worn/scuffed leather) and is there anything I can do to fix or cover up the marks?

·
Registered
702 Posts
What kind of pants have you been riding in? Some pants are worse on the leather than others, especially if you're moving around a lot on the seat.

·
Registered
350 Posts
!

Yup. Where are the scuffs at? Id imagine those small little metal stubs on the back of jeans (if you ride with jeans) could be the culprit. It would depend on where the scuff is. I know these seats are REALLY durable. Atleast i know for a fact the 03-06 are. That all weather fabric upholstery is great. Too bad mine had gotten scuffed during a 600 double backflip when I let my friend ride.
But im getting them reupholstered in a different fabric.

Worst comes to worst... Just reupholster it. :) Or just get a bit of black touch up paint/ sharpie if its really small... just color the scuff in a bit. :p

·
Registered
7,428 Posts
The seats are made of vinal on my 07,,, and I bet they are bug marks or at least I think,,, cause on numerous ocasions I notice white streeks on my seat (bugs flying up under my crotch) and the streeks are hard to get off,, I use my trusty honda polish the downside is the seat is slick for a few rides after

·
Registered
107 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
haha, looks like it was just dirty after all... maybe some goo gone got onto the cloth I was using to wipe down the seat.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts