Honda CBR 600RR Forum banner

1 - 15 of 15 Posts

·
Registered
69 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Well this blows. One of my downstairs neighbors has a Suzuki cruiser and usually parks his bike in the same space as mine. I'd always wondered since someone jacked with my bike one night last October, how much more temptation two bikes made for the dickwads.
This morning I headed out to my truck to go get a haircut, and saw a couple pieces of his bike laying beside it. Not even thinking, I figured he was in the middle of a little maintenance or something. Get back and there's a cop car in the parking lot, and my neighbor talking to the cop. Come to find out, someone had tore the plastic shields and crap off his bike, and cut the wiring harness apparently trying to hotwire the thing last night. Checked mine over, and no real damage but someone had monkeyed with the ignition and had it over almost in the unlocked position. The reminder string I run from the disc lock to the clutch lever was slack as well instead of tight, so I guess they finally got around to noticing that too.
Man, makes me glad I'm out of this place in under two months. I've got full coverage and would like to trade up to the '06 1000RR, but that's not the way I had in mind.Just hope they numbnuts don't believe in the "third time's a charm" stuff.

·
Registered
907 Posts
too many worries leaving your bike outside, find a garage or a storage space to put your bike. Sorry to hear what happened.

·
Registered
1,526 Posts
^ true, but i have an apartment that has a fully gated garage and i feel safe with my bike there.

·
Registered
383 Posts
Unless you live on the bottom floor and you can park your bike on the inside.

·
Ducati Champion Del Mondo
7,847 Posts
Buzz21 said:
Find a garage, out of sight out of mind.
I agree but if only we were all that lucky to own a garage.

Jason

·
Registered
69 Posts
Discussion Starter #12
Yeah, I agree with pretty much all of your advice. But I figure if they want it enough, they're gonna get it. I'm not real high on the bike and apartment thing as well,but it's what I got to work with and I'm not gonna let the fear of something that might happen change what I do or where I live.
It sounds weird, but the main thing that would really hack me off if it got stolen is the timing. I've got a little under two months of prime riding time left before it gets parked for five months with probably no use, and I'll probably be trading up shortly after that.I'm not upside down on it either, so that's a moot point. But it's still not the best way to swap bikes.
Oh well, screw 'em, if they get it they get it. I don't need to go invest in a .30-06 since there's already a couple M14 types hanging around the apartment, among other fun surprises for anyone caught dicking with 'em.

·
Registered
201 Posts
I live in an apartment and I park my bike a a friend's house near-by. I have an alarm and bike lock and security but I could never sleep at night. Another suggestion I can give is to rent a storage shed nearby and park it in there. Just drive your car there and take your bike for a ride. Its a little inconvienient but its a little price you have to pay for some peace of mind.

·
Registered
445 Posts
Next year i'm thinking about parking my bike under covered parking at my girlfriend's place, and locking it to a post under there, behind a parked car as well. There'd be no physical way to get the bike out of there. That makes me feel safe.
Right now it's chained to the fence on my patio behind my apartment. Not visible from the street, but i just had my $1500 mountain bike stolen from back there, eek!

1 - 15 of 15 Posts