Honda CBR 600RR Forum banner

1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
133 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
A friend of mine is looking to buy a 2005 CBR 600RR. The bike has 4300 miles on it. It has been lowsided twice, once at 30 mph and once at 60ish; it has very bad rash on both mid fairings and some on the upper, tail and both engine covers. The front rim has a bend in the lip where the tire meets the rim, i'm guessing caused by impacting a curb or something during the fall. I gave it a good look over and from what visible areas of the frame and what I could see by pulling back the mid fairings there isn't any structural damage, that being said i'm not a motorcycle mechanic so there could be key things to look for that I didn't see. I test drove it for him and it rides pretty nice besides having a dry chain and bent right rearset. Seller wants $2600. Think it's a good buy or is it one of those "too good to be true" situations?

·
Registered
333 Posts
well it does sound like a good deal if your friend wants to put a lil work or money into fixing it and as long as the rim still holds a seal and it is not affecting the ride of the bike then its fine also check to make sure the sprockets are in good shape since the chain is dry and lastly make sure it has a clean title

·
Registered
8,768 Posts
if it took a hit hard enough to bend the rim, what condition are the forks in?

·
Registered
572 Posts
+1 on the forks! sounds like a good deal to me as long as the forks are good i would say go for it....good luck

·
Registered
923 Posts
yes man it seems that is a pretty good price, check the forks maybe leaks or bents and the triple three too have to check them if the bearings are good shape, check the weld parts in the frame, and the test drive is important to feel the brakes, engine, wheels, good luck with the purchase man......

rodrigo

1 - 9 of 9 Posts