Honda CBR 600RR Forum banner

1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
95 Posts
I don't know about the tie downs, but you could buy a wheel choke to put in there. Cut 2 2x4s and use them as spacers for the walls so it doesn't move.

Sent from my Motorcycle iPhone app

·
Registered
1,408 Posts
Yup... several times! If you're taking a mattress, put it up against the wall, put a furniture blanket over it, and squish bike up against it.... works like a charm. Just be real careful on the ramp.... slippery when wet... try not to end up on YouTube :retard:

·
Registered
256 Posts
I had the same issue with a uhaul truck. There aren't any hooks inside. Only spots for the special rachet straps on the sides of the truck. I ended up just stuffing my bike between mattress and couch. Worked pretty good. I drove from flagstaff to phx like that and the bike never moved. Good luck! Careful on the ramp. That's the freakiest part.

This kind of strap

http://http://www.uscargocontrol.com/Van-Trailer-Products/E-Track-Straps-Tie-Downs/E-Track-Ratchet-Straps-2X12

Sent from my iPhone using MO Free

·
Registered
63 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
don't have a mattress but i think im just gonna end up strapping it against one wall somehow with a bunch of moving blankets and stuff

·
Registered
116 Posts
I used ratchet straps and tied down two bikes across a uhaul from the boards on the wall. Front and back were secured. I stuffed a futton mattress in between the bikes and covered them up with blankets. Make sure you tie down along the board where there is a large rivet so the boards don't flex to much. I had my CBR, my wife's R6 and my sons 50 all stuffed in with our stuff. Nothing moved or got scratched, it was a good move. The hardest part was loading them up the ramp.

Good luck.

·
Registered
63 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
ok turns out i am flying out Friday, i need to find a motorcycle shipping service quick, i want to find one that will build a crate around it or at least palatalize it and insure it

·
Registered
233 Posts
I know you're not using a u-haul anymore but I just got my bike home last night using a u-haul cargo van.

I'd say going up the ramp is super easy as long as there's a helper. Coming down the ramp was very difficult. We had a close call but I was able to hold on to the bike and stop it, adrenaline really saved the day right there (I'm 5'9" and less than 130lbs...haha)

1 - 9 of 9 Posts