Honda CBR 600RR Forum banner

1 - 15 of 15 Posts

·
Registered
810 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
What are people using on their back wheel as security?

I'm using a disclock on the front wheel but the back disc (RR7) seems to not like disclocks !
I know i can put a chain or u-lock through the wheel but these are a little more awkward to carry as i've done the rear light conversion & would rather not keep opening the rear seat..

·
Vendor
14,330 Posts
If the thief wants your bike a disc lock is only going to keep them from riding off on it. They can still pick it up and put it in a van or truck. A cable lock would better suit you if you want to go this route. Maybe carry a backpack with it in there. T

·
Registered
2,601 Posts
yeah, what trip said... there's really no point in having locks on both front AND back, because all that either will do is prevent them from riding off with it. You could have your wheels chained together and they can still just pick it up. My point: having 1 disc lock is just as effective as 2 (to an extent).
When I really lock my bike down, I have a disc lock on the front wheel, kryptonite chain on the back wheel going around my covered parking spot beam, and my scorpio alarm is set... it's excessive, but I sleep at night!

·
Vendor
14,330 Posts

·
Registered
3,672 Posts
1911's are fugly and grip safeties are overrated... why not a P220 Carry?
People like you irritate me. Not everyone knows what a 1911 is and no one cares that you know your guns... so keep the jargon to yourself
i try my best to be as irritating as possible. it brings the assholes out that have nothing better to do with their time than waste server space trying to bag on people.

and jargon is a technical term used inside a field that outside people wont understand. so what makes 1911 jargon while p220 is not. you need to research your terms more while you are out playing hide and go **** yourself communist

besides if sigs are so great then why does the main law enforcement and military agencies such as LAPD and delta not to mention centcom PSDs all carry 1911s

·
Registered
2,601 Posts
i try my best to be as irritating as possible.
you succeed very well! I congratulate you

it brings the assholes out that have nothing better to do with their time than waste server space trying to bag on people.
if you were mistaken and were calling ME an *******, I spend time on this site because I have a lot of down time at work... and I don't generally "bag on people". But, how constructive was your original post? It wasn't, you're the one wasting server space

and jargon is a technical term used inside a field that outside people wont understand. so what makes 1911 jargon while p220 is not. you need to research your terms more while you are out playing hide and go **** yourself communist
Thanks Mr. Webster, I know what jargon is. umm, by saying P220 I was TRYING to make a point... sorry you're a little slow.

besides if sigs are so great then why does the main law enforcement and military agencies such as LAPD and delta not to mention centcom PSDs all carry 1911s
Wait, where did I mention that 1911s are bad? I believe I said they're "fugly" and that grip safeties are overrated... Both of which are purely subjective and of my biased opinion, seeing that I prefer Sigs.

·
Registered
256 Posts
sigs are good guns if you enjoy stovepipes and jams. its all about glock
Wow talk about total thread Jack LOL

Were are you basing that info just curious. I was a Cadre instructor in Hawaii and used to fire the SIG 9mm ridiculously. Never a stove pipe or jam in the 2000 rds i put through it about a week. Proper maintence and lube helped w/ that im sure. Good weapon i thought..........

·
Registered
470 Posts
sigs are good guns if you enjoy stovepipes and jams. its all about glock
Technically a stovepipe is a jam. Also it is usually due to limp wristing sorta like :supergay:

·
Registered
336 Posts
How the hell did this thread turn into which gun to get. Since everyone is at it though, like the guy above, glock makes a fine weapon.

1 - 15 of 15 Posts