Honda CBR 600RR Forum banner

1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
1,106 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Happy Holidays all :wave:

The heavy rain last night washed away most of the sand, salt, and slush left on many of the local roads.

Today's temp. was a "high" of around 40-45 degrees F and sunny clear skies.

Sooooooooooo what did i do?

U guessed it. I popped the battery back in, did a quick check, got myself dressed in about 4-5 layers (temp was probably around freezing with the wind from riding), and fired up the 07 RR!!!

I put about 100 miles on the beast, to bring my total 07 season miles to 8800+ miles.

I just loved getting strange looks from other drivers....... "OMG, look at that idiot on a motorcycle!!! It is winter!!!"

anyway happy holidays all!!

·
Administrator
51,143 Posts
I hope you did not freeze your nuts off

·
Registered
1,106 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
I hope you did not freeze your nuts off
LOL, nope. I had my LongJohns on and plus the engine heat from the RR is a blessing in the fall, winter, and spring i guess

·
Registered
796 Posts
I took the 250 out today too. It was slightly warmer than it has been for the past few weeks and it did rain a lot last night so I took it out today for the first time since Thanksgiving.
I also tried on my new A* 1 piece and it felt pretty good to ride in.
Can't wait till end of Spring.

·
Registered
195 Posts
I took mine out on saturday. The temp was around 55 or so, not too bad for December day. I only put 50 miles on her but I love when I can sneak rides in over the off season. I didnt plan on taking her out but I saw way too many bikes on the road for me not to join them. Even if it was only for an hour.....

·
Registered
2,632 Posts
I don't know how you guys live without riding in the winter. I turn into a right little bitch if I don't ride every day.

·
Registered
107 Posts
I don't know how you guys live without riding in the winter. I turn into a right little bitch if I don't ride every day.
I hear you. Around this time every year I start wondering why I live in the northeast....Somebody find me a realtor ;)

·
Registered
207 Posts
temp was probably around freezing with the wind from riding
it was most likely 5-10 degs below freezing with wind chill. i rode 70 miles on the highway last fall and it was 40 degs out. went home and looked up the wind chill index, and it was 25 degs F going 60mph

BUT good for you for not being a puss ;) if the roads around here were clear and dry i'd take it out for sure. too many cyclists wait for it to be warmer than it needs to be. with good gear or layered clothes temperature isn't an issue (until frost starts forming on the road) lol

1 - 10 of 10 Posts