Honda CBR 600RR Forum banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
2,119 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hi guys just wondering if anyone has had an issue with selecting 1st/2nd gear when gearing down. just occasionally my bike wont go into these lower gears, more so 1st. when i gear down to stop at traffic lights it sometimes wont go into 1st. i have to let the clutch out ever so slightly after i`v stopped at lights or whatever then it`l clunk into what ever gear, then i can gear it to 1st or neutral. anyone have any idea what this is and how to cure it.. i`v only had the bike a couple of weeks and dont know much in the way of maintanance and stuff, any help would be really appreciated, thanks.

D

·
0 Posts
Roll the bike forward or backward. and you will get it into gear. That's a nature of this design of transmission.

·
Registered
2,119 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Roll the bike forward or backward. and you will get it into gear. That's a nature of this design of transmission.

thanks for the reply bro. so my bike isnt broke then?? thank fk! lol like i say its only occasionally this happens but its nice to know its just the nature of the transmission system PHeeeeeeeeeeeew!!! thanks again mate.:shakehand

·
Registered
2,075 Posts
If you think that's bad, try to find neutral consitantly on a Rebel...lol. What a pain in the " :bootyshak "..lol

1 - 6 of 6 Posts