Honda CBR 600RR Forum banner

1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
240 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Because of family concerns. I was forced to stop riding. I still owe 3,700 to the bank and cant really decide if i should just sell the bike as-is or part everything out. The only two concerns are that i did go down (reason why family forced me to quit riding) and i have already sold all my fairings last year.

After i went down, i did put the bike back together. I was riding it for about 3 months before my family just couldn't take it anymore. I've been paying each month and everytime i pay, it pisses me off every month i make a payment for something i can't ever use. Life's been SO BORING without riding ! It actually was easier to quit smoking (8 years) than to quit riding :banghead: We'll i hope anyone whose been in my situation or can give me their opinion as to which route i should possibley take.

·
Registered
1,128 Posts
If you have aftermarket parts you will get more for them on off the bike, but as for the bike as parts I will have to leave that up to others on the forum.

·
Registered
10,419 Posts
Altho i believe that family comes first, they shouldn't force you not to do/follow your passion. There are alternatives like trackriding as mentioned above.

you don't have kids do you?

·
Registered
28,565 Posts
brosef, quit the streets and take it to the track!
explain to them how much safer it is on the track,
but also explain that the possibilities of crashing on the track
is there!

and youre in socal...theres an abundance of tracks in socal and norcal!

but at the same time, family comes first for most of us. you gotta do what you gotta do sometimes.

best of luck to you mang.

·
Registered
240 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
-Yes Sir, I LOVE TO RIDE ~!
-The only aftermarket part is my yoshi slip-on that got bent because of the accident.
-As far as just selling the bike because of the accident. The bike has a salvage title and was going to wait till i owe about 2k left and sell it as is.
-I would love to just say F it and move out but financialy would be a dumb decesion.
-I respect my family's concerns but i just love riding too damn much ^_^ 25 w/ no kids and plan to keep it that way for awhile longer.
-I've been to the track once and made my obession worsen.... one of my best and most memorable time of my life.
-my family actually doesn't want me to ride PERIOD. But once i get my finance all squared away.... ill be back on the saddle with another Honda in the late future.

·
Registered
220 Posts
I'd part it out. You'll get more parting it out than selling it as a whole. There's not a lot of people buying bikes right now, but there's a **** ton of people buying parts for bikes. It just depends on what the bike is.

:+1: with this market the best thing to do is part the bike out as sad as it sounds.

1 - 11 of 11 Posts