Honda CBR 600RR Forum banner

1 - 20 of 28 Posts

·
Registered
141 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hey guys,
Some of you might know that I have to sell my '08 CBR600RR that I picked up from a dealer about 3 months ago due to financial reasons. Just can't see myself paying a 22% interest rate.

Now, I'm hoping I'll be able to purchase an older '03-'04 CBR600RR sopmetime next year. I've never riden one before so I've got some questions to ask to the people that have.

1) The 08 was my first bike and I thought it was a very easy bike to ride and maneuver. How do the '03's and '04's compare to the newer models in terms of handling and maneuvering?

2) Is there a big difference in weight and power compared to the 07-08 bikes?

3) AFAIK, steering damper wasn't on the 03-04 bikes; will it be a big difference from riding a 08?

4) What's a good price for a 03-04 with around 6,000-10,000 miles and some mods in pretty decent condition? Just wondering so I know how much I have to save up! Definitely want to start riding again next year!

Thanks for the help guys.

·
Registered
2,722 Posts
the 03/04 = 371lbs
05/06= 358lbs
07/08= 345

So between the 03/04 and the 07 there is a BIG difference. Why not go for an 05/06? Thats a good medium ground since its in the middle weight wise, has a few more hp than the 03/04

03/04 with 6-10k miles should go for around 4500-5000

As far as power between the bikes, theyre both very similar. Both do the 1/4 in the mid-10s. The main difference is the weight and you'll immediately notice it

·
Registered
9,216 Posts
i have rode a few 03s now, they feel nice to me overall.
its a bit slower as far as acceleration, but its still plenty for the street IMO, and can still get u in trouble ;)

as far as weight goes, u will notice a difference.
i still like riding RC51's tho, and they weigh 100 pounds more than a 600, u learn to make it work.

ive seen a ton of cheap f4i,s for sale, and that is one of the best street 600s ive ever rode, very comfortable and manageable.
that might be worth looking into as well.

·
Registered
141 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Hmm, this will be interesting for sure. I've ridden my buddies '05 R6 Raven and I definitely prefer the 08 CBR600RR over that one. Just feels very uncomfortable to maneuver and stuff.

Do you guys think that the Honda bikes have higher resale prices than the Yamaha's, Suzuki's, and Kawi's? In the end i'll definitely want to get a Honda again, but even by next year i'll be on a tight budget so I'm going to have to get a pretty cheap bike (Around $4500)

·
Registered
141 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
Ok there MIGHT be a chance of me keeping the bike, but very slim. I can't seem to get hired anywhere around here (Michigan sucks!) and I'm pretty close to running out of money. Is there any way to reduce your interest rate on the loan through honda finance? I mean I've got decent credit and I even had my father co-sign for me. Even with a co-signer im paying 22% interest rate!! That's rediculous.

So do you guys think finance companies ever lower your interest rates?

·
Registered
141 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
So what your saying is that I should try to apply for a loan through a credit union and if I get approved, pay off the loan through honda finance with the money from the credit union, and then pay off the credit union loan each month?:tard:

·
Registered
9,216 Posts
So what your saying is that I should try to apply for a loan through a credit union and if I get approved, pay off the loan through honda finance with the money from the credit union, and then pay off the credit union loan each month?:tard:
exactly, depending on your credit and current interest rates, u could refinance at 7% apr or less.

·
Registered
191 Posts
I know your pain with the interest rates. I too had to co-sign with my father, and still got 20% rate. They told me that despite having good credit, I don't have anything substantial such as a mortgage or loan, just credit cards.

·
Registered
224 Posts
Always compare when it comes to any purchase...

...especially loans!! If you know your credit is good, try a local credit union. They will usually have better rates. They need these lowers rates to be able to compete and drum up business.

I knew a guy who was seriously upside down in a bike loan due to him slamming on the front brake in rush hour stop and go traffic and flipping it, doing enough fairing and front end damage (he should have reported it to his insurance) that his bike was not close to his loan value. He wanted to sell this 07 to me, before I got my 06, but I couldn't offer him nowhere near what he needed. So he offered to get his mc repair friend to do an estimate, thinking he could make things work for him and me? Needless to say, when I called to inquire about his bud's price, his bike ended up missing??? :tard:???? Moral of the story, becareful with financing. We all want our rigs, but not at the price of getting [email protected]!!!! If you have to save for a year and jus come back hard next season, do it. My .02 :wave: C6r

·
Registered
1,917 Posts
A credit union would be much preferably to what you have now.

HSBC is garbage.

·
Registered
129 Posts
lower rates

If you have someone willing to help you, you can get a really low rate loan.

If they will pay the bike off for you then you can go into any bank, hand them the title of your bike, and they will give you a secured loan. They will own the bike until you pay it off.

Give that money back to the person helping you out.

Call a few banks and ask about there secured loans and what rates they have.

Honestly if this is your first bike, go buy something someone layed down lightly for real cheap so when you slip you wont have a heart attack.

1 - 20 of 28 Posts