Honda CBR 600RR Forum banner

1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
209 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Are bent wheels worth anything, or is there no market for them? I had a rough run-off last season and ended up bending my front rim slightly. Mechanic says he's raced on far worse bent wheels and that they're still good at the very least as a set of rains.

If theyre not worth anything i'm just gonna keep mine as a rain/spare.

·
Registered
37 Posts
If they're not too bad, they can be repaired. How much do you want for them?

·
Registered
209 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
where i live, repairing is not worth it's cost, i'd sooner just buy a new rim. It's an 07 rim, seeing as theyre generally go around for 250, i dont know, would asking for $150 be too much?

·
Registered
37 Posts
If you're looking to get that much for it, you're probably better off keeping the wheel. Repairs usually run around $100 plus shipping. You could get a new rim for cheaper than $150 + Shipping + $100 + Shipping. If it were me selling it, I wouldn't ask over $50.

·
Registered
225 Posts
:+1::+1:^^^^^ used and bent 50 bucks tops

If you're looking to get that much for it, you're probably better off keeping the wheel. Repairs usually run around $100 plus shipping. You could get a new rim for cheaper than $150 + Shipping + $100 + Shipping. If it were me selling it, I wouldn't ask over $50.

·
Registered
209 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
aight, thanks for the straight up answer, i was afraid i had lofty expectations.

·
Registered
2,632 Posts
I rear is not worth very much. There's a million of 'em. A front is pretty valuable. I'd get it fixed. Will's rim repair is good, cheap and fast.

·
Registered
209 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
why do rims cost so much to begin with?
the 07-2010 cbr600 has different rim design than prior models, thereby limiting how many spare "unbent" rims there are on the market. Add the fact that the front wheel is often the first point of contact during crashes. Further add another fact (i heard this from my mechanic) that 07-10 wheels are more easily bendable than other 600s.

From what I've seen or know, these OEM wheels, assuming they're straight are more expensive than the other 600s.

·
Registered
32 Posts
Even if they repair it, it wont be as good as be4 because there'l be a slight imperfection, and might be a tad weaker. Friend hit a bad pot hole last year with his car and bent his pretty bad, got it repaired, and put it as rear since you never know how well it was repaired.

1 - 11 of 11 Posts