Honda CBR 600RR Forum banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
2,121 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
kay, so I got a slightly riced out Civic that I was going to un-rice this week to be sellable (word? Don't care). This morning I got pulled over for my god damn exhaust. The CHP officer said something will come in the mail within 2 weeks so I can get written off. But I want to sell my car THIS week. He said I should call the courts and ask...I said he should just give me a break..."can't do that."

So, do I have to wait for this form in the mail before I can sell it? I wonder if I could get the process expeditited somehow...thoughts?

·
Registered
919 Posts
No I think you can sell it and I believe ther will be a spot on the notice that you no longer have the car was sold.

·
Registered
2,121 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Oh, the thing that comes in the mail is a courtesy notice saying that I have to pay $10 along with a signed ticket that shows that it's been fixed.

·
Registered
403 Posts
I was in the same situation a couple of years back. Just tell the court that you "forgot" about the ticket, and you sold your car before you could clear it. Most likely they'll dismiss it, and you pay $10. If the clerk at the desk won't budge, it's best to see the judge. Just remember to bring your paperwork (bill of sale, etc.)

1 - 5 of 5 Posts