Honda CBR 600RR Forum banner

1 - 14 of 14 Posts

·
Registered
479 Posts
Where do you want to post your ad? If here, you just dug yourself into a ditch. If on craigslist for example, look up the prices in your area and you will know whether $6-6.2k is realistic. From my experience, the majority of buyers who buy sport-bikes are usually younger adults which will make their decision just based on what color they like. So don't worry if your price is a bit higher.

Lastly, please remember, depending on your location, riding season is over. Again from my experience, winter is the best time for private buyers and the worst time for private sellers. Not only are sellers are looking for a "few extra bucks" for the holidays however the amount of buyers is scarce. You may want to wait until the earliest part of spring to post your ad, otherwise people will notice no one is biting your ad and will be less interested due to assumptions.

In the end, and in reality, you don't have to run away from the lion. You just have to run faster than the guy next to you. Meaning, your bike can have more miles and more damage than every other bike listed for $6-6.2k but if you have better pictures and a better description (which is actually less words) than a seller will pick your bike over theirs.

·
Registered
803 Posts
Keep the price where you want it if you're not in a hurry to sell. If you're getting antsy, you can add "will consider reasonable offers". You have a nice looking bike, it seems. Stick to your guns, and try to get the most.

WTH is that supposed to mean?
Probably meant that since OP has admitted softness and leniency on current expectations of getting $6,000 - $6,200 (in his opening post and on this particular forum).

·
Registered
3,325 Posts
Hey. I am selling my 09 600. Its pretty unique looking bike with some mods. Here is a picture

It got 14K miles on.

I am hoping to get $6000 or $6200 with Power commander on.

Is it a realistic price or should I lower it?

I think you'll be very lucky to get 5 or 5,500. Just because it's getting older and is over the dreaded 10k (I know that's not much, but the average buyer doesn't). Hold onto it till spring if you can, and then hopefully you can get close to what you want.

Sent from Motorcycle.com Free App

·
Super Moderator
1,943 Posts
Over here, that is about $8000. So not sure in your area, but it a little high.

·
Registered
479 Posts
rather sell now... looking to buy new bike myself...
just wondering if the price is right..

thanks for the feedback
In that case, look up the prices in your location on craigslist and you'll know very quickly.

If you plan to drop the price (X amount) to the least you'll take, for example lets say after a month, make sure it is less than (X/2 amount). People watching your bike will notice your drop and drop by that much again when they give you an offer.

Best of luck brother, bike looks awesome. :retard:

·
Registered
803 Posts
Hmmmm,

That's the price he's hoping to get, no matter where it sells. I don't see any softness there.
Magic word is "hoping".

At the end of the day, this is all moot, and the bike is worth what a buyer is willing to pay for it.

:smile2:

1 - 14 of 14 Posts