Honda CBR 600RR Forum banner

1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Registered
13 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Well, I plan on selling my 2003 red RR soon. I ended up in a low speed accident with it and damaged the front and rear plastic. Other than that it is basically fine. Do you think I should repair it, or sell it as is? Also, what price range do you think it should be sold for, both repaired and not? I believe it has something like 1,300 miles on it. Thanks.

·
Registered
3,150 Posts
+1 on shwing! she has been looking, talking, wanting a bike for so long (give her a good deal and let her fix it up)

·
Registered
13 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
it is in Greensboro, NC, if it doesnt rain tomorrow I'll link some pix, i'm also selling 2 helmets, a joe rocket jacket/gloves, cover, etc. with it

·
Registered
1,646 Posts
If the damage is minor, you'd be better off fixing it first. Damaged plastics will call into question the history of the bike, and that will make most buyers reluctant to pay full price.

Without seeing the bike I would guess $6300 mint, $5500 damaged.

·
Registered
665 Posts
IMO definitely repair before selling, otherwise you will really take a hit.

Check on eBay, there is a seller that has new oem uppers for $380 shipped and tails for $220 shipped.

·
Registered
163 Posts
I would repair or replace whatever NEEDS to be done to make it able to ride. That way someone can get into into a decent bike at a nice price, ready to ride and you won't have to shell out several hundred dollars just to sell it. If you don't remove every sign of it being downed someone will be able to tell. Be honest and make the price reflect an amount reasonable enough to buy the bike, spend some money on it and still be out less than they would have to had spend to pick up an immaculate bike. Does any of that make sense?

1 - 12 of 12 Posts