Honda CBR 600RR Forum banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
100 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I need some tips on selling my bike.

Its an 07 600RR in perfect condition, literaly.
It has 2800 miles on it and im asking 8 for it.
What can I do besides lowing the price to help it sell ?

·
Registered
131 Posts
Are other bikes of similar type priced around the same amount in your area? Since you're in Florida riding season never ends... get it out in front of people... also check what the dealer is selling new 07's for now that the 08's are out... you won't compete with that. Also know your laws on Sales Tax... here in Nevada, if you sell person to person there is no sales tax, if you buy from a dealer there IS sales tax. THAT can be a deal maker if you have a similar type law.

I think getting it out so people can see it... if you ride and have been paying ANY attention to the 07 600's you know the 07 RR was the bike of the year... getting it out there for people to see that there is a slightly used one available...

Good luck. Why are you selling so soon?

·
Registered
116 Posts
yeah, advertise is very key...try posting it other forums, in the section of your residing area....also post it locally, local websites, local papers, etc etc....tell your friends to spread the word, that also helps a lot...

K

·
0 Posts
Suggestions? I'm FULL of them.

Firstly, and most importantly... Go back to stock if possible. Believe it or not, when someone approaches a stock bike, they are more confident in it's mechanical soundness than a modified bike. confidence is important when selling anything. if the client isn't confident that he is getting a sound motorcycle, it's very hard setting the hook.

Eyes are important, so advertise! before you do that though, find out WHO you want to sell this bike to? Who would be the most likely to purchase it? I understand that you'd TAKE anyone, but not just ANYONE is looking for a bike like this. The people you want to sell to are novice riders looking for that extra edge, seasoned riders looking for something different (cruiser riders are a prime target), and (unfortunately) young ambitious new riders who focus on looks and peer pressure more than their safety. These are the same kids who have the latest import cars all 'tricked out'. they have money, like speed, and are always looking for the next peak. when you find your target, now it's time to select a media. There's 3 kinds you need to focus on: Paper, Digital, Word of mouth. People looking to buy a car or truck usually look in the newspaper FIRST, followed by eBay, Craigslist, or an internet forum they frequent. when dealing with digital media, keep in mind the types of activities your target audience engages in. People who would entertain the idea of a super-sport motorcycle are often involved in other forms of motor sports like dirt bikes, off-road truck or ATV riding, snowmobiling, boats, autocross, etc. so focus on those areas of interest and post your sale there. Word of mouth isn't as effective as the other two popular medias, but it is often more effective percentage wise. someone knows someone who's looking for a bike and trusts the person telling them about the same to give them good info. these turn into more sales per sets of ears and eyeballs than any other method, but you don't get the volume of people looking to buy, and ultimately purchasing.

lastly, be honest. no one likes a liar. tell it like it is. sell yourself first, then the bike. build some trust between you and the interested potential buyer before getting down to business.

i hope i've helped.

·
Registered
479 Posts
lastly, be honest. no one likes a liar. tell it like it is. sell yourself first, then the bike. build some trust between you and the interested potential buyer before getting down to business.

This is great advice! Many people are apprehensive about buying a used bike because they feel like it may have been abused, if you can show yourself as being a experienced and responsible rider who takes care of your things a potential buyer will feel much more comfortable with you. If the bike is perfect like you say it is then your really just selling yourself. Although I don't know if you'll get 8K for it IMO. Good luck.

1 - 7 of 7 Posts