Honda CBR 600RR Forum banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Mad Chemist
5,798 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
You might want to carry a packet of Benadryl in the storage compartment.

Friday after lunch, I took the RR back into work. I hadn't ridden it in over a week due to no free time. The helmet had been in a cabinet in the garrage.

Well, there must have been a spider or something in it because by the time I got back to work, 20 minutes or so, my head was itching like crazy. I even ran my head under one of the sinks not knowing why it was itching so bad. An hour later I went in the bathroom and noticed hives all over my neck and up to my ears.

I've been bitten before and I know this is what happens. I took the rest of the afternoon off and went home and took two benadryl. The itching was gone in 20 minutes and the hives were half gone in two hours. the rest were gone by morning.

I think I'm going to start keeping the helmet in a trash bag.

·
Registered
6,211 Posts
damn, glad to hear you're ok. I might actuay start carrying some too.

Im allergic to bee/wasp/hornet stings and some other insect bites

I basicly had the scare of my life 2 months ago while on the highway doing about 65mph, with my g/f on the back and I happened to see a bee hit my visor... so i thought it just bounced off

NOT! Apparently it got sucked under and into the helmet! 2 minutes after I saw it hit the visor, it was crawling INSIDE, ACROSS MY VISOR!

I panicked and for w/e reason I tried undoing the helmet while still moving but was freaking out cuz I knew if I opened the visor at speed it would probably fly onto my face.

A second later I thought about it and pulled over Took off my helmet, shook my head and messed with my hair like a maniac trying to get it away. The whole time my girl is yelling at me whats wrong thinking i've finally lost it, and me yelling "BEE!"

i picked up the helmet and it was still in there crawling around so I shook it until it fell out and went on my merry way.

·
Registered
783 Posts
wow.....good thing you were able to control yourself enough to pull over before you starting flailing around like a lunatic!! Lol!! Seriously though, I could picture myself freaking out if a bee was crawling inside my visor

·
Registered
29 Posts
Yea that's happened to me before with the bee flying in under my chin curtain. I was at a stop sign when I noticed it though. But not realizing it was a bee I just took the helmet and squashed it between the cheek pad and my face haha.

The stinger was luckily pointed towards the cheek pad...talk about close call haha

·
Registered
293 Posts
man that sucks... now i am going to check my helmet before i put it on. i hate spiders..

last night i had my shield up and got smoked in the forehead by a lightning bug that wasn't very pleasant

·
Registered
2,628 Posts
ahhh yeah like 2 months ago I saw this bee....(swear to god) like a block away swerving back and forth while I was doing about 50 mph and in like slow motion it came right at my helmet and smacked me right between the eyes, luckly I had my visor down so i just flinched real quick...anyways thought damn that was lucky. Get all the way home and im about to turn my bike off when OOOWWWWWWWWWW....damnit, that lil son of a....he must have hit my visor and somehow deflected and went right down the neck of my jacket, under my icon vest, under my underarmour shirt and bit me right on the stomach! I was like...how in the ????? oh well...bongload and a cold beer fixed me right up. haha! yay.

1 - 8 of 8 Posts