Honda CBR 600RR Forum banner

1 - 20 of 30 Posts

·
Registered
19 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)
i gots a question. So i am getting a new cbr next month, but am a really big fan of the cbr xray. so what im asking is
1) how can i get imported?
2) how much will it cost?
3) is it worth it?
4) are the specs different? (emissions, or power limiters, weight, build quality, etc...?)

i dont think getting it shipped would be too ridiculous in terms of distance. if i got it it would be as close to the us border as i can get from ontario (im in dayton, ohio)

theres an 8 hour drive distance to toronto according to google maps

if theres anything else i should know please fill me in

the question is absurd but i am being dead honest.
Thanks guys!

·
*BOTM Feb '11, Mar '12*
23,598 Posts
IMO it would be cheaper to build your own. Buy an RR here and ship the fairings over. You can sell the OEM fairings to recover some of your funds. As far as the wheels go just powder coat or paint them to match. Going through customs and paying tax won't be worth it.

·
Registered
601 Posts
IMO it would be cheaper to build your own. Buy an RR here and ship the fairings over. You can sell the OEM fairings to recover some of your funds. As far as the wheels go just powder coat or paint them to match. Going through customs and paying tax won't be worth it.
^^^ :+1:

Also, where are you getting this shipped from? I thought the xray was only available in the UK.

To get a more accurate picture of whether it would be worth it, is how much is just the bike going to cost?

Its funny that you mentioned Canada. Lots of Canadians like buying bikes in the States because its significantly cheaper. However, I've never heard of an American wanting to buy something in Canada *shrug*.

To give you a example. I can't speak for all provinces, however if somebody in British Columbia imports a brand new bike from the States, lets say for a $9k US bike, its roughly $1500-$2000 for all the taxes, fees, etc. So it's costing us $10.5k-$11k, but dealership price here for the same bike will be around $12k and we still have to pay taxes and pdi above that.

We love cross border shopping because the same product is usually significantly cheaper in the US and with the CDN dollar being higher right now, its an even more of a bonanza for us haha.

GL

·
Registered
19 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
well i checked stealerships in windsor, london, burlington, and toronto and they all have the x ray. its around four hours to windsor from where im at, so i could honestly ride the bike home. i understand ill be spending some more money. Your in canada so your the perfect person to talk to, are the canadian specs the same? How difficult would it be to get it over the border?

·
Registered
19 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
the price isnt really an issue so im not very stressed. if it was an issue id get a used bike, or just deal with the leyla

·
Registered
601 Posts
well i checked stealerships in windsor, london, burlington, and toronto and they all have the x ray. its around four hours to windsor from where im at, so i could honestly ride the bike home. i understand ill be spending some more money. Your in canada so your the perfect person to talk to, are the canadian specs the same? How difficult would it be to get it over the border?
As far as I know Canadian specs are the same as US.

However, I think there's a slight difference with the temperature guage. I know I can change my speedometer between MPH and KPH but I don't think I can change between celsius and fahrenheit (but don't quote me on this).

There's a thread on my local bike forum on how to import a bike from the US to Canada, unfortunately I can't find it right now but I'll give you the link when I do. However, I'm not sure how much help it would be because shipping to and from Canada are totally different.

And if its like shipping from the US, you need to contact customs ahead of time and have papers filled out or else they'll hold the bike at the border until said papers are filled out and processed.

I would start checking US customs about shipping a bike over from the Canada.

Another thing to consider is warranty, I'm not sure if the Canadian warranty is valid in the US.

Have you checked if you can get the xray fairings in the US?

If you can, I'm thinking you can get a brand new set for $1500ish and powder coating your wheels will probably be 300-500.

S

·
0 Posts
The 2011 models can be changed over with the new computer from C to F as well as MPH to KPH with a touch of ther select button in the right mode. I know becuase one day I was trying to reset my gas milage and accidently hit the change button, that was fun trying to figure out...thank you manual....I learned a looooooong time ago to RTFM first before anything.
Read The Frigin (it's really effin but I wanted to be PG-13) Manual

·
Registered
216 Posts
As far as I know Canadian specs are the same as US.

However, I think there's a slight difference with the temperature guage. I know I can change my speedometer between MPH and KPH but I don't think I can change between celsius and fahrenheit (but don't quote me on this).

I have an 05 and yes you can change between celsius to fahrenheit. So I am assuming it can be done on other years.

·
Registered
601 Posts
pics of the xray?
how come us doesnt have a limited edition this year?
A few members here already have an xray.

I thought it was only available in the UK, however as KingDavid mentioned you can get it in Canada. I checked my local dealership website and they have the xray for sale on there. I also think it's available in Australia.

Not sure why the US didn't get it.

·
Banned
2,603 Posts

I thought it was only available in the UK, however as KingDavid mentioned you can get it in Canada. I checked my local dealership website and they have the xray for sale on there. I also think it's available in Australia.

whoa. brain brakes screech to a sudden stop. :love:

·
BOTM Winner 03/13
3,143 Posts

I've seen one in the flesh, at my local dealer and I'm not sold on it tbh. In fact, I don't like any of the colour schemes past '08. They should definitely bring out a proper RC30 tribute scheme...and bring back a decent red/black "wings" scheme.

·
One Nut Racer
1,665 Posts
I've seen one in the flesh, at my local dealer and I'm not sold on it tbh. In fact, I don't like any of the colour schemes past '08. They should definitely bring out a proper RC30 tribute scheme...and bring back a decent red/black "wings" scheme.

speak for yourself bro! i love all the diffent editions honda makes and would def buy this in us if i could!
only thing i would change is the plain white front fender needs dark gray one with xray themed wheel

·
Super Moderator
12,223 Posts
Hmm interesting... If cost isnt really an issue, look into in with customs maybe? would you drive up with a truck and trailer? or have a friend drive you there etc, "good after noon, what do you have to declare?" A CBR600RR bro ;) LOL. Might want to explore the idea that Sin mentioned..

·
Registered
111 Posts
i gots a question. So i am getting a new cbr next month, but am a really big fan of the cbr xray. so what im asking is
1) how can i get imported?
2) how much will it cost?
3) is it worth it?
4) are the specs different? (emissions, or power limiters, weight, build quality, etc...?)

i dont think getting it shipped would be too ridiculous in terms of distance. if i got it it would be as close to the us border as i can get from ontario (im in dayton, ohio)

theres an 8 hour drive distance to toronto according to google maps

if theres anything else i should know please fill me in

the question is absurd but i am being dead honest.
Thanks guys!
Take a look on this forum! This is for us to import into Canada! Might be something the same! http://www.gtamotorcycle.com/vbforum/showthread.php?1038-Importing-a-Motor-Vehicle-To-Canada-(the-be-all-end-all)

·
Registered
19 Posts
Discussion Starter #17
i would either truck it back or just say F*** it and ride it back, its less than 4 hours to windsor. ive done rides that big before. id definitely get my 300 easy miles in on the way haha

·
Registered
837 Posts
If you can get it in Canada, ride that bad boy back, there are no oceans in your path, you have no excuse :crackup:

·
Registered
19 Posts
Discussion Starter #19
i think it would make for good memories as well if i do get it. but if not ill get the leyla or a different color and be equally as happy, a cbr is a cbr haha

·
Registered
146 Posts
Bike is sweet, and I'm not being biased cause I have one, but i think the Orang/Pearl Tribal looks better in 06...

1 - 20 of 30 Posts