Honda CBR 600RR Forum banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
60 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
It's bad, my feet are going numb on the foot pegs. I just changed my oil & filter yesterday, adding 2.8L of Honda brand oil as per the service manual. The indicator glass shows is above the top line. Sound like the vibrations are due to partially submerged cam shaft?

·
Registered
501 Posts
submerged cam shaft??????? what does that mean?

·
Registered
554 Posts
Do you mean submerged crank? Have you checked the oil level based on manual specs? Warm up bike, turn off and let sit for a couple minutes and then check the level in the sight glass on the side of the case with the bike level?

·
Registered
1,583 Posts
pretty sure your good. did you check b4 u started or after because it has to fill the filter. and you must be sitting wrong. i cant see your feet going numb. not like you stand on your feet the whole time they just sit there?

·
Registered
60 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Meant crank shaft. I drained a bit of oil so that its in spec. It seems to have helped, but I didn't get out on the highway or ride for long, and my toes still feel numb.

I was in a ~35 km/h crash a while ago, someone cut me off and clipped my front end in a bendy (solid line!) part of the road leading to a low side. damage seems pretty superficial thanks to the frame sliders, and it seemed mechanically sound. I hadn't taken it out on the highway until yesterday though, and I usually cruise at pretty low rpm in the city. Perhaps this issue is related to that, and the timing with the oil change was pure coincidence.

I'm familiar with the two engine bolts the frame sliders use, how many other mounts should check/retorque to spec?

1 - 5 of 5 Posts