Honda CBR 600RR Forum banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hi all,
I have an issue with my 09 CBR600RR when I get up at higher speeds. As I cross around 115 I suddenly get a significant amount of shake and feedback through my handlebars.
I'm not sure what's causing it but know tires out of balance can cause shake, though in my experience this doesn't usually just turn on at a certain speed, I've usually been able to feel it to some degree throughout speed range.
I've also seen it suggested that it may be a front suspension issue? I've got stock suspension on my bike and they're set to factory (as suits my height/weight).
If anyone's able to offer any suggestions before I go spend money chasing this?
Many thanks!

·
Registered
5,092 Posts
Among other possibilities.....

Check that front rim os straight and and no wobble.
check rim for dents, dings and flat spots.

OE rims are light and can easily go out of true.

·
Registered
69 Posts
Agree I've bent two front wheel already and that has always been the culprit of handlebar shakes and wobbles. First wheel hit a pothole and second wheel was damaged on a track crash. They are cheap about 150 bucks on EBay

Audi S4 + CBR600rr enthusiast Tapatalk

·
Registered
9 Posts
I'm had the same problem on my Suzuki DRZ400.
the bike felt fine till about 80km/h, then the wobbles got more aggressive up until 130km/h for a little test which was unbearable, and a resting 100 was uncomfortable but something I could put up with in short sprints.

I thought it was a suspension issue (so i tightened up the adjusters, rebound and compression), but to no avail.

If the symptoms are the same, it is 100% the wheel balancing, and i'd suggest you go down this avenue before trying anything else.

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
Thanks everyone for the feedback, plan to look into this some more this weekend.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts