Honda CBR 600RR Forum banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
3,343 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)
For all those who did the gauge cluster mod. Do you guys experience the tach needle vibration at around 6K RPM? Mine idle fine but starting to see shaking around that range. Any suggestion on how to fix it? I "fixed" it once and it stopped but I could only imagine that the road vibration cause it to become loose again?

·
Registered
3,343 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Yeah you should then you won't have to deal with this mess. I just switched out the LEDs from amber to white. Not sure if I pulled the needle too hard or what not.

·
Registered
3,343 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
They're all screwed and soldered. This happened once where the needle just stopped working so I took out the motor and re-seated it. This time I didn't really bend it too securely afraid that it will hang again. I see what you're saying though, if it's loosely held in place the motor that drives the needle will probably cause those vibration.

·
Registered
3,343 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
...if it's loosely held in place the motor that drives the needle will probably cause those vibration.
This is exactly the problem. I was afraid to force the needle down tightly onto the motor which caused the vibration.

Reviving this thread from the dead in case someone else run into this issue.

1 - 7 of 7 Posts