Honda CBR 600RR Forum banner

1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
148 Posts
Well at least its not gears getting chewed up, when was the last time you had the sump off, and has there been any work done to the engine

·
Registered
1,004 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
Well at least its not gears getting chewed up, when was the last time you had the sump off, and has there been any work done to the engine
sump never went off before, no engine work.just many clutches replaced. It ran for a while with bad cct, for another while with bud clutches, had a track day with kinked chain, started to run hotter right around the time a cat delete was done. oil changes rarely on schedule. (please dont read the last one)

·
Registered
169 Posts
started to run hotter right around the time a cat delete was done.
It's a common misconception that when you remove the CAT that the ECU will sort out the fuelling to compensate. It doesn't, the ECU needs to be reflashed or Power Commander fitted and set up as the bike runs too lean after CAT removal.

·
Registered
1,004 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
It's a common misconception that when you remove the CAT that the ECU will sort out the fuelling to compensate. It doesn't, the ECU needs to be reflashed or Power Commander fitted and set up as the bike runs too lean after CAT removal.
honestly, i dont remember exactly when it started to run hotter. might have been around the time i wrapped the exhaust. or before, or after the CAT delete. For some reason I was under the impression that my CAT is getting clogged. I also never really bought that the wrap was helping much. It was getting pretty hot near my right foot though.
I just pulled the head off and found some interesting patterns. will be posting more as i go.

·
Registered
384 Posts
Collect all the debris, clean it with alcohol, and examine it. Is there anything identifiable? Does it look like machining chips? Aluminum? Titanium? Gasket mat'l? Post pictures of clean debris. What does the oil pump intake screen look like?
If you can't identify anything, and it's not making any noises, maybe no next step other than clean oil intake screen and change the oil.

·
Registered
1,004 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
wibbly and wazoo right on the money. Looks like gasket material. Didn't really clean it with alcohol but sure burns and smells like plastic. I am getting higher hopes my bottom end is fine:

1 - 11 of 11 Posts