Honda CBR 600RR Forum banner

1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
103 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
I got it so tight cause trailering scares me... and thanks i hope i like it.. i just played too much on the 600 see how i do with the 1k

·
Administrator
13,137 Posts
If you go transporting the bike like that regularly your gonna blow your fork seals. Better off making sure that the wheel isn't going anywhere then strap down the top for stability, not to secure it in the trailer.

·
Registered
103 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
If you go transporting the bike like that regularly your gonna blow your fork seals. Better off making sure that the wheel isn't going anywhere then strap down the top for stability, not to secure it in the trailer.
So what are you saying? Im gonna be trailering it down to bike weekend soon...

·
Administrator
13,137 Posts
:+1:

The way to go is to secure the wheels (front and rear) to the trailer so that it will stand up by itself, then secure the top of the bike for stability.

Normally I just put the bike at an angle in the trailer so that the front wheel is held good and solid in one corner and have the rear wheel hard up against the side, once its strapped in its pretty solid. Then I put a couple of straps from the bars with a little tension on them (enough to compress the suspension around half an inch to an inch) and a strap from each passenger peg with a little tension on them also.

1 - 10 of 10 Posts