Honda CBR 600RR Forum banner

1 - 15 of 15 Posts

·
Registered
119 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Bought this as a 'total' two weeks ago. Only had fairing damage but did not run (due to missing bank angle sensor). Chinese fairing set from eBay.

·
Registered
389 Posts
How patriotic! I dig it, but, it is funny to see a Japanese crotch rocket wearing an American flag :ponder:

·
Registered
119 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
I'm American and I put more time into getting her to run and look like this than any Japanese.

Besides, with Harley's being made in India, and soon Thailand, it's getting hard to tell who the real rice burners are :)

·
Registered
966 Posts
How patriotic! I dig it, but, it is funny to see a Japanese crotch rocket wearing an American flag :ponder:
You mean like Honda does from the factory? Several models are red/white/blue.

·
Registered
966 Posts
True but it's not so much the colors as it is the layout that makes your bike scream America!
Your totally right. I need to add stars!!!

Attachments

·
Registered
119 Posts
Discussion Starter #12
I like it! How did you find the fitment of the aftermarket fairing kit? Did you have to modify it to make it fit nicely?
I've actually put on four Chinese fairing kits this year, three on 600rrs. Bottom line: fit is basically fine. The odd hole is sometimes too small and requires a little drill work. Where they differ from OEM is that the paint job is not as good. Not awful by any means but the odd run or bubble here and there. They also tend to be a little harder plastic, mostly noticeable on the tank cover. But $400 vs. $2000+ for a full fairing set makes them a no-brainer for me.

Honda wings on tank are wrong way round...?!
Good catch. Cardboard cookie for you. I realized it right after I put the first one on. And I kinda liked it that way. These are 3-inch, OEM is closer to 5-inch I think.

You’ll probably find that the left hand side is correct.
They most likely only had one sticker, not both left and right........china! :dontknow:
Mistake was all mine.

·
Registered
119 Posts
Discussion Starter #14
Going All In

Had to get the Captain America helmet to match. First non-Arai I've bought in 20 years.

1 - 15 of 15 Posts