Honda CBR 600RR Forum banner

1 - 14 of 14 Posts

·
Registered
145 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I just sold my bike, and..it feels like a break up lol. Its depressing when you see them load it onto a truck, strap it on, and as you give away the keys, you hesitate, like its a bad decision. All I could do was watch her go away, hoping she is in good hands.

What is a person to do now? Sold it for financial reason, and well, wont be getting on a bike for awhile. Why can't I just have fun without all these priorities?

I have to thank the forums and all the members here, been a great help here.

How was it for you guys, giving away your first bike? or just any bike for that matter?

didn't even get to take decent photos with her..

·
Registered
5,702 Posts
it wasn't too bad selling my other bikes. I sold them because I wanted something different and afterwards there was a good stack of cash ready to be spent on a nicer bike. my other bike was destroyed by a younger guy. he fried the clutch and wanted me to take the bike back:retard:

·
Registered
2,878 Posts
Don't worry, you won't be off a bike for a long time. That never happens, now you have more reasons to save up and grab another RR!

·
Registered
145 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
I'm just tempted to get another one in the future..i'll be itching for one if i keep coming to the forums haha

·
Registered
931 Posts
When I sold my 06, it was a sad moment. But I had to keep telling myself it was because I had a 07 waiting for me in the garage. I was sad to see the 06 go, but happy to see the 07..

·
Registered
277 Posts
I bought my rr a few hours before I sold my first bike, an sv650. I wasnt sad at all because I was so excited about the rr. but it would have been/be depressing if it was for financial reasons and you didnt see a bike being bought anytime in the near future.

·
Registered
2,005 Posts
I'll never understood peoples connection to machines...

I understand the connection to the feeling it gives while riding but as for having feelings for the bike its self...i find that to be very odd.

Not trying to flame ya but "hoping its in good hands?" ???? i just dont understand why it matters if its not yours anymore.

·
Registered
145 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
you're right Austicus. I think its because it was my first ever bike, that I actually took my time to do maintenance and mods, I was never really into all that until the bike. I wanted to do more things to it.

And 'hope she is in good hands', well lets just say, I hate to find out the person abused it, or totaled it (hope hes a safe rider), after all the time I put in it.

·
Registered
10,419 Posts
I'll never understood peoples connection to machines...

I understand the connection to the feeling it gives while riding but as for having feelings for the bike its self...i find that to be very odd.

Not trying to flame ya but "hoping its in good hands?" ???? i just dont understand why it matters if its not yours anymore.
Its all the good memories, hard work, money, and trips that you've been and put a vehicle through that gives it sentimental value.

Now if your the type who puts a few thousands miles on a car/bike and sell it within a couple of years, it may not matter. But for some, it becomes much more than an object.

To the OP, good luck and hang in there. Its gonna be tough for a bit, but find another hobby in the meantime. You can always pick up another bike when times get better.

·
Registered
23 Posts
Yeah I think I would be depressed too, I always worry that if I ever wreck my bike, I would have no money to get a new one for a long time. I don't think I can go without riding at least until I get a kid

1 - 14 of 14 Posts