Honda CBR 600RR Forum banner

1 - 20 of 45 Posts

·
Registered
325 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I traded in my '09 600RR ABS for a new '09 1000RR ABS and I really miss the sound of that 600 engine and the howl that comes out of the air intake. When you cruise on the highway on the 1KRR all you hear is wind noise. I also miss how quick the engine on the 600 spins up when you blip the throttle. I just turned 100 miles on the 1KRR so I've not done any full throttle or speed above 80mph. I'll keep you posted, but for now I keep thinking how sweet that 600RR was.

The new bitch:

·
Registered
991 Posts
my only complaint with the new 1krr's is that one piece fairing on the side. Something about it just doesnt look right. Still, nice bike.

·
Registered
2,722 Posts
nice looking bike...do the 08+ 1ks still have oil burning issues? Was it prevalent at all?

·
Registered
325 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
nice looking bike...do the 08+ 1ks still have oil burning issues? Was it prevalent at all?
Seems like riders that posted oil burning on '08 models lived outside the US. Have not seen any negative posts on the '09. In Honda I trust :cruising:

·
Registered
89 Posts
Two words... Tail Tidy!

But yeah, top bikes them! The only thou that rides like a 6! Best thou out there!

·
Registered
1,446 Posts
just outta curiosity, why did you trade in the '09 600?

·
Registered
325 Posts
Discussion Starter #12
just outta curiosity, why did you trade in the '09 600?
1) Almost had 10K miles on it
2) Knew it wasn't going to increase in value
3) Warranty was about to expire
4) Registration and state inspection was about to expire
5) I knew I could get a great deal on the 1KRR, so...

Instead of sinking money into an extended warranty, registration, and inspection on the 600RR I bought the 1KRR

·
Premium Member
237 Posts
Nice man, yeah I too love the sound of the 600 but wait till you open that thing up on the fwy after you break her in lol!

·
Registered
307 Posts
1) Almost had 10K miles on it
2) Knew it wasn't going to increase in value
3) Warranty was about to expire
4) Registration and state inspection was about to expire
5) I knew I could get a great deal on the 1KRR, so...

Instead of sinking money into an extended warranty, registration, and inspection on the 600RR I bought the 1KRR
Congrats on the new bike, it looks great. But I have a couple of questions on your points you listed.
1) Miles - 10k isn't a lot of miles, she's just starting to break in. 90% of her life still left.
2) No motor vehicle increases in value - You drive any car or bike off the showroom floor and you lose 10-20% of it's value right there. You weren't looking to ride a bike and eventually sell it for a profit were you?
3) I know of very few motorcycle riders that have had to had warranty work done, just my opinion.
4) So registration and inspection is what, maybe 50 bucks each? Cheaper to get a new liter bike then to pay registration and inspection on the 600? :)

I'm not knocking you at all, the 1krr looks like a great bike and I'm sure it will be a beast when you open it up. What was the insurance hike from the 600 to the 1000?

·
Registered
325 Posts
Discussion Starter #16 (Edited)
Congrats on the new bike, it looks great. But I have a couple of questions on your points you listed.
1) Miles - 10k isn't a lot of miles, she's just starting to break in. 90% of her life still left.
2) No motor vehicle increases in value - You drive any car or bike off the showroom floor and you lose 10-20% of it's value right there. You weren't looking to ride a bike and eventually sell it for a profit were you?
3) I know of very few motorcycle riders that have had to had warranty work done, just my opinion.
4) So registration and inspection is what, maybe 50 bucks each? Cheaper to get a new liter bike then to pay registration and inspection on the 600? :)

I'm not knocking you at all, the 1krr looks like a great bike and I'm sure it will be a beast when you open it up. What was the insurance hike from the 600 to the 1000?
I know 10K is not much wear, but it was going to hurt my trade-in value eventually.

Why spend the money on a used bike when I can spend it on a brand new bike?

I paid cash so liability insurance is exactly the same

It's rare, but some vehicles do appreciate in value

·
Registered
325 Posts
Discussion Starter #20
I know the 1000RR is a fantastic bike, but I prefer the looks of the 600. I don't know what it is, probably the snubby nose on the 1000.

A new tail/plate holder is a must, same with the exhaust. Just like any new bike I guess.

Congrats on the bike. I'm sure you'll love it.
Yea, I bought it for performance, not looks

1 - 20 of 45 Posts