Honda CBR 600RR Forum banner

1 - 19 of 19 Posts

·
Registered
369 Posts
The red light is the red line light.........yes also could be called a rev limiter light........if you are waiting for a shift light to come on your gonna be waiting for a while.

·
Registered
422 Posts
jezterr said:
screw a shift light. shift by sound.

fug that- shift by feel

no, no- fugg THAT, shift by spider-sense

wait, NO, FUC THAT- shift by air pressure variation

actually, shift however you want to man....

But as im sure other people will tell you- the light comes on at redline, and if you are trying to go fast, it just means that you over-revved and are about to hit the limiter.

·
Registered
381 Posts
you need not to shift at all. Just let it ride out in first gear. the only time you need to shift is to get away from the cops. :lol2:

·
Registered
326 Posts
i'm not sure at what rpm exactly but it comes on just in time to shift before the rev limiter kicks in cause i've seen the light and shifted without any kickback from the limiter.....works out nicely if you time it right.

·
Registered
812 Posts
I use it as a "shift light" so I don't have to look down but you better be quick. I only use it for 1st to 2nd only because 2nd gear is a lot of rpm drop.

·
Registered
638 Posts
BTW, i miss the low gas light from the F4. whe it came on, it got your attentio. its not easy to see the flashing LCD on the new guage..

·
Registered
1,076 Posts
why the hell is there a light for the revlimiter of the bike will only let you rev to a certain rpm anyway. its kinda redundant dont you think?

·
Registered
4,826 Posts
crvlvr said:
BTW, i miss the low gas light from the F4. whe it came on, it got your attentio. its not easy to see the flashing LCD on the new guage..
At least you have a fuel gauge! That's far more useful, IMO. You can actually plan ahead based on your remaining fuel, instead of riding until the low-fuel light comes on.

·
Registered
45 Posts
I don't know, occasionally I'll have doubts I'm actually in sixth gear. Agree that it does look pretty weak though - wouldn't show it off at the weekly meet and greet.

·
Registered
429 Posts
zeadley said:
I don't know, occasionally I'll have doubts I'm actually in sixth gear. Agree that it does look pretty weak though - wouldn't show it off at the weekly meet and greet.
i have before, but now ive just kinda memorized what speeds im going and at what RPM in 6th

1 - 19 of 19 Posts