Honda CBR 600RR Forum banner

1 - 15 of 15 Posts

·
Registered
247 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
So I got up to ride to work and noticed I didn't need the clutch to shift from neutral to 1st and back again after I put the key in and turned it to on, didn't start is as its was 450 am and not wanting to wake the neighbors slowly backing it up to turn around. Is that normal like I just never noticed before? I tried shifting up to 2nd with it still off but it didn't go.

·
Registered
2,007 Posts
Yes it's normal. It will actually shift anywhere you want if you move the bike back and forth a bit as the gears and shift dogs all need to be in motion to line up correctly.

·
BOTY 2014 Winner
4,760 Posts
yes of course.

you can shift a manual transmission car when it's parked and not running without clutch, why would a bike be any different.

·
Registered
247 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
I meant without the clutch and I've never owned a manual that you can shift into the gear without pressing in the clutch, maybe your forks are screwed up etc. Mine is a 6 speed btw.

·
Registered
48 Posts
Soon OP will learn that he can shift without the clutch when hes riding too!
Lets not get there just yet, but hes totally right!

·
Registered
247 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
Lol I've seen youtube video of shifting a bike without the clutch, did you know you can do it with a car as smooth as butter haha

·
Super Moderator
1,943 Posts
yes of course.

you can shift a manual transmission car when it's parked and not running without clutch, why would a bike be any different.
Had to do this when I busted my clutch plate. Good times.

·
Super Moderator
1,943 Posts
Soon OP will learn that he can shift without the clutch when hes riding too!
When riding I always use clutch for 1st > 2nd, but 2nd up is usually always clutchless. So much smoother.

·
Registered
247 Posts
Discussion Starter #15
I know you can shift a car without the clutch I said that in another post haha Also I tried shifting my car without the clutch and the engine off and it worked lol I never tried it til someone said it works Im just always used to pushing in the clutch all the time /FACEPALM

1 - 15 of 15 Posts