Honda CBR 600RR Forum banner
1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
80 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
apartently when i go to shift around 14500 i get a puff of smoke it looks like condensation when you start on a cold day but thats only what ive heard cause i aint going to turn around any idears happen to yall?

·
Registered
11,434 Posts
If it's black smoke then it's probably just s fuel dump and nothing to worry about. If it's blue smoke then your burning oil and may be of concern. Are you using any oil?

·
Registered
80 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
no oil usagae to speak of :blob7: from what i hear people says it looks like condensation on a cold day....so white?

·
Registered
132 Posts
I've gotten white smoke at high rpm as well. Last week my bike wouldn't start, I had to try several times with wide open throttle, and finally it went, and I revved out a TON of white smoke. Been alright as far as I know ever since, except this morning when I started it up I got a little bit of white smoke, revved it to about 12k a few times, and it was good to go.

·
Registered
4,407 Posts
tweak mt said:
around 14500 puff of smoke like condensation when you start on a cold day

sounds like you're possibly not letting the engine warm up to operating temp before getting on it hard first thing...

·
Registered
4,407 Posts
I suppose that fine but I dont like to runthe bike that hard, like at the track, even when the bike is at temp from idling..because that just indicates the coolant temp. I will take the first few laps to really get the bike up to temp thoroughly. thats just me. maybe try that and see if it still happens. if it doesnt then its still not warm enough the way you're doing it now and problem solved....

·
Registered
80 Posts
Discussion Starter · #10 ·
i dont ever really run the bike hard i maybe hit that high of a rpm once every 5 times im out and its after the bikes heated up and ive been on the road for at least 15 min

1 - 10 of 10 Posts