Honda CBR 600RR Forum banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
112 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
i am a new rider. i never ride a bike before. i just bought a bike last winter, and i go out today to ride my bike to the shop to do the inspection. on the way to the shop i make a full stop at the red light a forgot to shift the gear to Neutral. i was in the 4th gear. I try do downshif the gear but it just hard to get to N. is there any advice for me.

·
Registered
103 Posts
the transmission will not let you shift down if you are in a high gear and at a stop. You need to let out the clutch in the gear you are in and let the trans engage. Then you should be able to go the rest of the way down. If not, keep trying the clutch thing. Practice shifting down as you are slowing down before a stoplight. hope that helps a little

·
Registered
584 Posts
Let the clutch out a little, until you will hear the tranny click, pull the clutch back in and shift into N. Happens to e now and again its really no big deal.
Try to do your shifting while the bike is moving, its a lot easier on the tranny.

·
Registered
54 Posts
yeah man, what blackvomit said, but dont let it out too far, it'll kill the motor. also, my big think when i was learning is alway have it in a gear when coming to a stop, never in neutral, my bike (05 r6) makes a horrible sound when shifting into first or second while rolling in neutral more than 10mph. once you stop go from second to n, or 1st to n. it've found that to work much better than trying to make a decision as to what gear, first or second to put it in when the light turns green on ya, or some jackball is about to hit ya from behind.

1 - 4 of 4 Posts