Honda CBR 600RR Forum banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
909 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Shifting gears without using clutch is it a safe technique? or can it damage your transmission?? Someone told me that its not a good habit shifting with out a clutch.

·
Whore Police
16,493 Posts
Just to be on the safe side.. Shifting up with no cluch = ok.. Down no clutch = Bad..

Sorry man, not saying you would try it.. But for safety reason I had to say it.. and

simple is right.. search.. it has been coverd in detail.

·
Registered
909 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
sorry peeps next time i will search, im just new here trying to figure this out how it all works.

·
Registered
909 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
SIMPLEPINOY its all good hey man this is how i learn from all of you and maybe the only way, lol but thank you all

·
Registered
487 Posts
On the track down a straight away you don't want to use the clutch, it will slow you down and you won't get max drive and acceleration. The method is when you are accelerating to red line put pressure on the shift lever, quickly roll back the throttle just a tad and it will go right in the next gear. I usually only do that from 3rd gear and up. Your gear dogs are actually designed to work like that. Outside of the track I wouldn't do it. Never do it on down shifts either. Downshifting with the clutch allows you to keep the bike settled and make it a smooth transition. For normal street riding use the clutch, it's there for a reason. Hope some of that info helped.

1 - 8 of 8 Posts