Honda CBR 600RR Forum banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
9 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
recently purchased a '03 600rr and for the first time i took it into the high rpm's and for me high is like 7 or 8k. so i shifted from 3rd to 4th and before it "caught" the gear i heard (and felt a slight vibration simultaneously) a clanking or ticking noise and THEN the bike "caught" the gear and everything was just fine.

now i cant say im an experienced rider. BUT i really don't think it was an issue with me not having the clutch in all the way. im not an idiot and i know how a manual transmission works.

does anybody know what this problem could be?

EDIT: for the record i inspected my teeth and my chain and they looked just fine. Only 9700 miles on the bike, look like originals to me.

·
Registered
9 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Has this problem only happened once?
it happened once before but i originally thought i didnt push the clutch in all the way.

also if it helps today i was riding and coming to a stop. i had the clutch in and i was kickin down the gears and it wouldnt shift down at all for like 10 seconds. then i tried again and it worked fine. seems really weird.

D

·
0 Posts
it happened once before but i originally thought i didnt push the clutch in all the way.

also if it helps today i was riding and coming to a stop. i had the clutch in and i was kickin down the gears and it wouldnt shift down at all for like 10 seconds. then i tried again and it worked fine. seems really weird.
Nothing more than an error while shifting. If it were to be happening all the time, then there would be an issue.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts