Honda CBR 600RR Forum banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
172 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Okay so maybe this is a double post, but probably put this in the wrong forum anyway.

Originally when I installed my rearsets I had an issue where I could shift gears when the bike was off and the clutch was not compressed. I solved the issue by moving the way to rods were situated and it solved the problem...Now fast forward to today and I simply changed out one of the rods and nothing with the position of it and it began to do the same thing again. I'm trying to solve this asap.

When the bike is off and the kickstand down I can take my hand and cycle through the gears without touching the clutch. I don't know how to solve this issue.

·
Registered
7,219 Posts
i read your post a few times..
i think you should take a little more time and type it again..im honestly having a hard time understanding what your original problem was, what you did to fix it, and the new problem...
sory i couldnt help besides prompting you to retype the situation.

·
Registered
172 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
i read your post a few times..
i think you should take a little more time and type it again..im honestly having a hard time understanding what your original problem was, what you did to fix it, and the new problem...
sory i couldnt help besides prompting you to retype the situation.

I put some rearsets on the bike. now that I have them on it shifts without having to compress the clutch. Thats basically it. I'm not understanding what I could be doing for it to do that. The pictures show the setup I'm using.

The set up is the same as it has been before. All i did was change out one of the rods for that red one in the pic. I don't understand what could do it...

·
Premium Member
14,330 Posts
You don't have a problem, you should be able to cycle through the gears with the bike off and hitting the shifter. That's the way it works. T

·
Registered
500 Posts
You don't have a problem, you should be able to cycle through the gears with the bike off and hitting the shifter. That's the way it works. T
This. If you REALLY wanna get freaky, you can even shift your motorcycle while its moving without the clutch (i'd still use the clutch for first gear though, and down shifts).

1 - 6 of 6 Posts