Honda CBR 600RR Forum banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
34 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
New to sport bikes and noticed that shifting is much jerkier than the cruisers I have experience with. Is this normal? Do I need to slip the clutch, rev higher, or shift quicker to get a good upshift? I can blip the throttle on the downshift and get some smooth ones but that'll just take some practice to be more consistent.

·
Registered
1,464 Posts
Sport bikes like to shift better at higher RPM's so if you want to rev higher to shift go ahead, and it will be more fun. But it just sounds like you need more practice with the shifting itself. You should beable to shift smooth at almost any RPM. It is a lot more different than cruisers, I know cause I rode my buddies shadow and it's easy as pie to have smooth shifts. Yes you can blip on downshifts.

·
Over the berm, and thru the woods, to grandmothers
1,220 Posts
You'll just have to do some more riding to get the rpm shift points right if you are trying to ride it like a cruiser. It is a sport bike that is built to shift better and quicker at higher rpms. A little more throttle and clutch control will help you smooth things out if you are short shifting.

·
Registered
34 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
I'm used the Shadow which is as you say easy as pie. I haven't really wanted to push the rpms much because it's been wet but I'll experiment with different rpms and see if I can make them smoother. Thanks.

·
Resident Leg-Humper Females Beware
6,874 Posts
also, it doesn't take much pressure or movement in the clutch lever to be able to shift smoothly, will let you get into the gear and back on the gas sooner.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts