Honda CBR 600RR Forum banner

1 - 15 of 15 Posts

·
Registered
54 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
hey guys, i was wondering if our shift light is programable. i thought it was, but i couldn't find a way to do it from owners manual. is it possible? if so, how?? thanks!! :?:

·
Registered
54 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
VinRR said:
Why the need for a shift light? Dont know when to shift?
no no, it's just that i'm jealous of my friend's R1 (which has a programmable shift light). kind of a neat little gimmick if you're going to rev your engine high (i believe our bike is no longer making power if the shift light is on at 14.5K...) ;-)

·
Ducati Champion Del Mondo
7,847 Posts
Isn't that red part on the tac the shift light? :twisted:

Jason

·
Registered
1,407 Posts
I made a post about this a while back. I basically came up with the thinking that it has absolutely no function at all except to light up when you slam the limiter. It's dumb, and someone probably got promoted for it too!

·
Registered
544 Posts
its kinda funny when you think about it, you have guys here on the forum, who complain when the hit the rev limiters, and the bike loses substantial power. if they had been looking for the shift light, or the red on the tach, they would not have been in the situation they were in. As for me, and i think i speak for alot of the some-what experienced and experienced riders on this forum, when i say i dont need to look at my gauges when riding. I can just listen, and i have a pretty good idea of what to do.

Tim

·
Registered
226 Posts
cbrsexrr said:
I made a post about this a while back. I basically came up with the thinking that it has absolutely no function at all except to light up when you slam the limiter. It's dumb, and someone probably got promoted for it too!
Actually, it is a shift light. It comes on @ 14.5k and the bike redlines at 15k. If you have good reflexes you can slam it into the next gear in that 500rpm window.

·
Registered
126 Posts
I always thought it was an over rev light which i thought was pointless. R6 etc has a gear change light, the honda gets a your revving the **** out of it light!

1 - 15 of 15 Posts