Honda CBR 600RR Forum banner

1 - 13 of 13 Posts

·
Registered
587 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Anyone sold a bike and shipped it to the buyer? Is it expensive? I sent a quad once to texas from de and it was about $350 are bikes about the same?

·
Registered
415 Posts
Anyone sold a bike and shipped it to the buyer? Is it expensive? I sent a quad once to texas from de and it was about $350 are bikes about the same?
Yeah its about the same. I paid about $330 to ship my CBR from TN to MS. If you don't know already, you may wanna try Uship.com. Shipping companies and individuals on there bid on your shipment.

·
Registered
415 Posts
ooooooooooo is that typical?
Well it varies depending on who you choose to ship with. The guy that shipped my bike had a heavy duty dodge and strapped it down in the bed. I would say the important thing is that you pick a shipper with some experience in shipping bikes. But then again, shipping a bike is not that complicated.

Definitely, UShip is the place to go with if you're not able to get it yourself.

·
Registered
796 Posts
Has anyone ever bought a new bike at a dealer and have them ship it to your house? Does it come in a crate typically or does it depend on the shipping company?

Hmm, ~$350. That's cheaper than I thought it would be.
Thanks!

·
The Asian Persuasion
28,564 Posts
It usually doesn't come in a crate.
Most I've dealt with they are just strapped down to a trailer or the back of a truck. Like said before, some have enclosed trailers and some don't.

·
Registered
688 Posts
forward air

·
Registered
59 Posts
I had my 04 shipped from a dealership in Ca to my residential garage...it was crated and cost me $400 via Forward Air

·
Banned
433 Posts
I just purchased my bike from Clinton Cycles in Maryland and had it shipped to Pennsylvania by Federal (Federal Warehouse Companies) for 512.00USD. That included 10,000USD in insurance and a 72.00USD extra charge for home delivery.

But, if you're a memeber of the AMA you get a huge discount and it costs something like 345 or 400USD.

The bike was shipped directly to my parents doorstep in perfect condition and the guy treated the bike like a baby. It was tied down in the back of a 20' box truck. I was told by Mary at Federal that they dont crate the bikes as that increases the risk of damage. (Due to stacking bikes upon bikes)

·
Registered
62 Posts
Allied van lines has been shipping motorcycles for years and have pallets etc. check their web site-I believe you can even get a fast price quote

1 - 13 of 13 Posts