Honda CBR 600RR Forum banner

1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
114 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I am moving from Indiana to Arizona in a few weeks so I need to ship my bike. What is the most affordable carrier. The ones I've found on google were in the 600-700 dollar range.

·
Registered
114 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
I'm moving to tucson(got a pretty sweet job there). I listed it on uship.com, hopefully that works out. I got 3 bids so far. 1600 dollars, 650 dollars, and 580 dollar. I guess its going in the right direction.

·
Registered
184 Posts
i've used forwardair in the past with success. i shipped a bike from oregon to louisiana for $550 six months ago. they have sturdy metal containers designed specifically for motorcycle shipping. you tie down the bike yourself in the container to your liking. if it comes loose, you only have yourself to blame. you lock the container with a padlock of your own. when the bike arrives at it's destination, you unload it from the container yourself. all forwardair does is ship the container which happens to have your bike inside. you load and unload the bike at forwardair terminals.

·
Registered
159 Posts
Ride it over there, be a great road trip. For some reason I just don't trust shipping companies. However I like knuckledragger's recommendation since you do everything yourself. Just remember to insure that thing though when you ship it.

·
Registered
114 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
Ok so If I can get the bike in the small box forward air offers its a pretty good deal. Will an 03 600rr fit in an (61 L * 44.5 W * 44 H) box? Im at work so i can't measure it right now.

1 - 9 of 9 Posts