Honda CBR 600RR Forum banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hey guys, I am trying to seal the deal on a bike from a guy in Rhode Island and I have been quoted from a few companies for door to door service at 1000 dollars!
I have found a site AA Motorcycle and uShip through google search.However, if anyone knows of a company that can give me a better deal, I would really appreciate it.

·
BOTM Winner 07/12
1,714 Posts

·
T. BOTM Winner 10/11
4,508 Posts
aa motorcycle is who i used to use for the shop when we shipped bikes cross country. they aren't the cheapest, they aren't the most expensive, but they are very reliable. the attach the bike to a pallet, it's all enclosed, and they give you a tracking number

·
Registered
966 Posts
You want to buy a bike un-seen from across the country and pay big money to ship it all before you even know whats really up with it?
I work for a high end used car dealership. It amazes me how many people see a car online, call and buy it, then have it shipped. Car gets there, something isen't perfect, and they get pissed. Did they have it inspected by a shop before purchase? Nope. Just threw $80k at a car on a whim. Insane.

·
06/2016 BOTM Winner 07/2015 BOTM Winner
2,862 Posts
That's a big cost added on the the over all purchase of the bike. What made you decide to go for a bike this far way VS something local or only a few hrs away? I found my 08 3 hrs from me was not a big deal to get a ride from someone there and ride it back home.

·
Administrator
51,143 Posts
Make sure you buy insurance to cover your bike during transportation when you get delivery inspect the bike really good specially the front end if the downs were used to strap the bike down strapping it the wrong way can damage front fork seals

·
Registered
100 Posts
id rather look for something close and put that extra 1000 in something i can see and deal with in person unless its a really unique and custom bike for a great deal jus saying

1 - 8 of 8 Posts