Honda CBR 600RR Forum banner

1 - 13 of 13 Posts

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I was wondering if anyone had experience shipping motorcycles internationally... How much the cost would be to ship a bike from the west coast on the US to west europe(germany, france or spain)? I wanted to take a month off and do some tracks in .eu.

Anyone have a rough idea of how much it would cost? I know shipping across states in the us is like 6-800, so I can't see it being more than 1.3 or 1.4k.

·
Registered
172 Posts
Kind of pointless I'd think.

I know for a fact that you can rent trackbikes through various track organizations in the UK. It's like $700 for one track day, everything included.

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
The problem is that I wanna go to a bunch of different tracks, and I don't want to rent A car while i am in .eu... If it is less than 1.5k each way, it would be more economical for me to ship it over and use it while I am there, because if I go, I am planning on staying at least 2 or 3 weeks :/

·
Registered
2,726 Posts
You cant just ship a vehicle over there and start driving it with your original plates. You have to worry about licensing, etc. Plus, anything that comes into europe from overseas has to go through customs, same as in the states. Honestly, it would be cheaper to buy a motorcycle over here and then sell it when you're done.

·
King of UPS
2,946 Posts
That much of a hassle huh ? and that expensive ?

You cant just ship a vehicle over there and start driving it with your original plates. You have to worry about licensing, etc. Plus, anything that comes into europe from overseas has to go through customs, same as in the states. Honestly, it would be cheaper to buy a motorcycle over here and then sell it when you're done.

·
Overpaid South Pacific Barista overactive ADHD c
27,367 Posts
buy one while you are there..... best option .... only ship yours if it is super special and the trip is one way!!!

·
King of UPS
2,946 Posts
Must be big $ gee for you to say "just buy one there" or "ship If only special and one way"

buy one while you are there..... best option .... only ship yours if it is super special and the trip is one way!!!

·
King of UPS
2,946 Posts
lol lol lol

i 'dont' a guy who buys about 50 bikes... turns around and sells them to the UK for twice as much as he bought them for... ships about 2K each... but i dont know anyone who does that *cough cough*

·
Registered
3,375 Posts
Sorry but no offense to all the guys trying to help on here but you need to STFU with trying to give information if you dont even know what your talking about or have experience with it.

Here is a write up I did on when I shipped my USA plated ZX10R To Europe:
Figured id do a write up on this incase anybody was going to do the same in the future due to the REALLY bad exchange rate right now(For example buying a new japanese bike over here will run you about 12thousand euro or I think thats over 16000 US)

Ok, I went through 4Seas Shipping and they were friggen AWESOME, excellent service, super helpful and made everything so easy I thaught it just couldnt be true, basically they do everything, u just have to fill out some stuff, hand over a title and drop the bike off and they do the rest, its great.

Anyways it was 650$ US to ship the bike to Bremerhaven, Germany port payable to 4seas here in the US,(bike took one month to get here) once my bike arrived in Germany they called me up, I took a plane to Bremerhaven(24 euro 1 way), paid another 250euro for customs/container/loading fee's and I was off, checked out with customs which was of course easy as all hell, im sure nothing like working with US customs, two extremely hot young female customs agents helped me with everything it was great, international insurance is 20 euro a month and your allowed to keep a US registered bike in Europe for SIX MONTHS without ever having to change from your US plate, and thats actually funny because even a US Passport can only get you into europe for three months with no extensions hah.

Ok, so I left the port and customs and started on my trip to innsbruck Austria, normally a 7 hour trip strait down the middle of Germany, but guess what, in Germany they dont treat you like a 6 year old child so on most of the Autobahn there is NO speed limit, its up to what 'you' think is safe, so safe for me was about 160MPH, I made it to Innsbruck in 5 hours Averaging about 120ish MPH the whole trip, totally friggen awsome, dragged with a couple of Porche 911 Turbos and a Ferarri 360 on the way down too, although going these speeds for that long got very tiring.

Just message me with any questions on shipping a bike overseas!

·
King of UPS
2,946 Posts
Very interesting story. :rocker: Helpful If I am ever to ship my bike over-seas.
Stephen

·
Registered
1,045 Posts
Great info there Cling. Thank you. I was looking into doing that for a few months myself when i graduate college. Now i know for sure i am going to do it.

1 - 13 of 13 Posts