Honda CBR 600RR Forum banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Ducati Champion Del Mondo
7,847 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I just had to order a Yuasa 6volt battery for my YSR and was wondering if you guys know how they ship... Meaning do I have to add electrolyte to the battery when it gets here? Where can I buy electrolyte and is it expensive to buy? If I add electrolyte light, is it fully charged at that point or do I have to charge it? Should I use distilled water instead of electrolyte? I got a Battery Tender Plus to use to charge it for whatever reason if needed...

Thanks.
Jason

·
Registered
3,847 Posts
you can clarify it with them Jason but often they'll ship the electrolite and battery separately and you add it yourself.

·
Administrator
51,143 Posts
AT my local shop when he gets batteries shipped the electrolyte is not installed in the battery but shipped in the same box in a sealed compartment of course
and when you get the battery you got to fill it up and charge it

·
Registered
163 Posts
You can get a bottle at just about any Sears auto center, part number is 028 44000 and should cost about less than $5. I used to be a manager at a few of the auto centers.

·
Ducati Champion Del Mondo
7,847 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Thanks for all the info. guys, I made some calls just incase it does not come with it. Looks like it is about $5 at my local auto parts store. I was told to add it and let the battery sit for an hour before topping it off on the Battery Tender.

Jason

1 - 5 of 5 Posts