Honda CBR 600RR Forum banner

1 - 13 of 13 Posts

·
Registered
233 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I hope this will help any of you placing orders from the us to canada or other places outside the us. Do not send USPS spend the extra 5$ and send it ups,fedX ect. I have been looking out my window for my parts for my bike and if you get it send regular mail (even though mine sent air) IT could take 4 weeks to clear customs. THe reason being is ups or fedx hire their own workers to go through the items at the border which take 24-72 hours to clear. Or you can send it regular post, 4 weeks is alot of riding with out your awaited newest parts. Just spent 1100$ and I hate waiting and now I could be waiting up to another 3 weeks. If anyone is like me opening a box with part for the bike is way better than xmas.
spend the extra 5$ or even 20$
So you can make use of a limited season as it is

·
Registered
212 Posts
hi bd. i've always tried using USPS and never had a problem.i guess i'm lucky. it might depend on the type of item you are sending across. for most small items and accessories as big as riding boots, i've had nothing but good luck with USPS.

i don't find it much slower than Fedex at all. i do agree with you though that couriers are probably better but more expensive and with brokerage fees when you're shipping expensive, fragile or if you need something expedited right away.

·
Registered
64 Posts
I have orders from the States quite a bit. I have always had problems with UPS especially when ordering expensive things. My exhaust was 600 USD and i paid 179 Canadain at the door. What pissed me off was that only half of that was to customs the rest was the UPS brokerage fee then on top of that they charge you for COD costs for that fee. I just ask for it to come USPS and I have never had a problem. Ya it takes a bit longer but hey it saves a lot of money (no brokerage fees with USPS) I just ordered from Nick for the second time and asked for USPS shipping.

·
Registered
1,236 Posts
We dont normaly ship usps...they will not come to the shop and pick my stuff up :lol2: , But we do for the guys on the board,everyone else gest ups doesnt matter where you are :mrgreen:

·
Registered
91 Posts
Ya I ordered some stuff from [email protected] and he was gracious enough to
send them USPS. I haven't received the product yet but it will definetly
be worth the wait not having to pay customs and brokerage fees.

Thanks Jason :D

·
Registered
158 Posts
I just want to point out a few things from experience.

Personally for me, I always try to get the vendor to ship the items USPS Postal. And if possible, I'd get the vendor to underdeclare the value of the items. That way you minimized the amount of GST you have to pay on the declared value of the items. Plus you pay the mandatory $5 for brokerage of course. Or if you have a friend that lives in the States, get the vendor to ship it to your friend (UPS/FEDEX/USPS) and then from your friend to you (USPS).

As for UPS, they can go **** themself in the ass. :evil:

http://www.ups.com/content/ca/en/shipping/cost/zones/customs_clearance.html

Their rates are ridiculous if the declared value of your item is up there. I only use them to ship stuff out. I flatly refuse to use them for receiving my stuff.

Here's a little tidbit I saved from a long time ago...

"Up until a couple of months ago I used to work for UPS customer service, so you possibly could have spoken to me when you called UPS, as the call center is here in Moncton. Now #1, if you do get a package ground from the USA there will be brokerage fees UNLESS you do the following:
- Have your shipper declare the item at $60 CAD or less on the commerical invoice and make SURE that they declare it as a gift. If this is done, you will NOT get charged brokerage fees OR any tax whatsoever. There should be not be any COD upon delivery. This only applies from Person to Person, not from a Company to a person.
If by some chance you do receive a package with a brokerage fee under a hundred dollars, UPS will do a ONE-TIME brokerage adjustment if you say you will refuse the package because you weren't aware of any brokerage fees. But usually you can only get away with that once or twice.
Well I hope this helps you guys in importing packages, oh by the way, usually express shipments will cost more in the long run, whether with UPS or Fedex or whatever. If you are in no big hurry USPS is alot cheaper, unless you do what I explained above.
Happy Importing.
Chris "

·
Registered
107 Posts
I agree with Seks, if I don't ship to my friends in the states, I always ship USPS. I've never had it take more than 2 weeks from door to door and the brokerage fee is worth it.

·
Registered
212 Posts
hey bud anytime! PM me!

bigdaddy said:
Hey baboon
we are from the same city :)
Nice to meet ya
let me know if ya ever wanna go for a ride :bounce:

·
Registered
233 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
THanks for the response
I really enjoy dealing with Nick and his savings. Just when I called custom they told me they are really backed up and it could take upto 4 weeks to clear customs and that got me a bit discouraged. THey also told me there is no duty on motorcyle parts :p
But I am confused about if I pay pst ?I know I have to pay gst.
But I guess from all the post usps is the way togo.
I am like a kid when it comes to my toys. Literally cant sleep thinking about my parts.
But honestly the saving from what the dealers charge in canada and what nick charges
These are canadain funds and I converted them

pclll nick 250us$= 325$canadian
Dealers here charge 550$canadian plus tax so it comes to 627$
saving in my pocket of 302$

werks eliminator kit nick 140$us = 192$canadian
dealer here want 339$canadian
savings of 142$

Jardine cf racebaffle nick 346$us =449$canadian
dealere here wants 750$ canadian plus tax 860$
savings of 411$$

Mother fucker that is 855$ savings
canadian retailer need to adjust the prices since the rise of the canadian dollar
but they dont
so with shipping and taxes I still will save 600$ which is a set of tires and gas for the season
:bounce:

·
Registered
176 Posts
Never tried USPS, but have tried Fed Ex and was really happy with there service. I have used UPS and when they come to the door ,but your hands in the air because your going to get robbed. :shock:

·
Registered
27 Posts
i am in montreal, and i ship all my stuff out with canada post, and all the stuff i receive i ask for usps, i only did it with ups once and got screwed and had to drive to their office to pick up anyways.

If i buy from someone that wont ship me usps then i get it shipped to a warehouse in New York state and drive across to pick it up.

1 - 13 of 13 Posts