Honda CBR 600RR Forum banner

1 - 14 of 14 Posts

·
Registered
77 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Has anyone ever used a shipping company to ship their motorcycle. I am moving to Florida in a month and was wondering if anyone has any info on this. Thanks ahead of time.

·
Registered
314 Posts
I'd like some info on this also. I'm active duty military and they are coming next week to pick all of my stuff up. They told me I had to drain the oil and gas, but thats it.

·
Registered
602 Posts
i forgot the name of the carrier that i used, but as long as they deliver by the closed trailer, you should be fine.

just do a google search, and find a website that sends your information to many shipping companies. then each of them will contact you with their quotes. you can compare those prices and go with the lowest one. if you find one company that you like but doesn't have the best price, then you can negotiate, saying that you have been quoted lower. that's what i did.

·
Moto GP Racer
3,753 Posts
I shipped mine from Miami to Twentynine Palms using Mayflower. The government took care of setting it up and paying for it but It arrived without a knick.

Check with your moving company. Since its a bike they can usually load it up in the back for you and strap it down. In my case they built a custom crate for it and filled it with stuffing.

·
Registered
326 Posts
I have used Forward Air before. They provide you with a specially designed motorcycle container. You simply ride your bike to the dock, roll your bike inside the container, pay approx $400-$500 and within a few days, your bike will arrive at the destination.

·
Registered
11,434 Posts
larry said:
I have used Forward Air before. They provide you with a specially designed motorcycle container. You simply ride your bike to the dock, roll your bike inside the container, pay approx $400-$500 and within a few days, your bike will arrive at the destination.
Are you telling us they let you ship that bike with all of the fluids?!!? :shock: I think motorcycleshippers made them drain the gas and oil before shipping.

·
Registered
919 Posts
ForwardAir does require fuel to be drained and vented. I used them when I sold my F4i and it was easy and cost just over 400 bux to go to New Mexica from Cali. was well worth it. I have also heard jcmotors too said to be really good. BTW both sites can calculte the shipping cost.

·
Registered
468 Posts
When we picked up my buddy's R6, which was shipped cross country from Chicago, the bike had just a smidgeon of fuel, the bike's wheels were held by wheel chocks, a little bit of air was outta the tires, and the battery terminals were disconnected.

He paid like 4-5 hundred for the shipping. Make sure they pad everything so you won't get any damage

·
Registered
44 Posts
Through my business I always use www.moverquest.com to ship my bikes. They are based out of CA, but are agents for Allied so they can ship nationwide. They don't have the shipping prices on their website, but I do have it one mine. You can go to www.emotos.net and the info is under the FAQ page of the website.

It usually takes them about two weeks to ship a bike, they are fairly priced, and you don't have to drain any fluids.

1 - 14 of 14 Posts