Honda CBR 600RR Forum banner

1 - 20 of 23 Posts

·
Registered
980 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
anyone know a good company to ship my bike from ny to az?

·
Registered
980 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
have u or anyone else used them I im only going form ny to az

·
Registered
980 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
where didhe ship and how much and how long?

·
Registered
980 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
GREAT:) im goingtocall

·
Registered
378 Posts
hotskate said:
have u or anyone else used them I im only going form ny to az
The dealer that I bought my '04 from in Ohio, shipped my bike to the Seattle area using Forward Air.

FWIW, the dealership has since changed freight companies due to damage occurring during shipment with Forward Air I believe. Fortunately, my bike was not damaged when it was shipped last August.

However, a buddy of mine who recently bought a bike from the same dealer earlier this year had his bike shipped with the new freight company and it was slightly damaged. Go figure.

·
0 Posts
Ride that sh!t or put it in the back of a silverado. Cheaper and you can watch it the whole way there.

·
Registered
3,150 Posts
DHL doesnt ship bikes or do they?

·
Registered
32 Posts
I just bough a bike from a dealer in Toledo, Ohio. They shipped the bike to me in Florida, coast was like 400 bucks, using Fowardair. It only took 4 days total to get the bike. The shipping when fine, the only problem with Fowardair is that they only ship too their hubs so you may have to drive to get it. I have to drive 2 hrs to Jacksonville to get mine. They wont let you take the crate apart at the hub so you have to take the crate with you. My bike shipped fine and no damage. Alot of the damage that happens to bikes is due to bad crate building and tie down of the bike.

·
Registered
53 Posts
Hotskate, I would recommend them. I have personally used them 3 times to ship bikes across the US. The only thing that takes time is waiting for a crate. This prices are very fair and actual shipping time is not that long.

·
Registered
980 Posts
Discussion Starter #13
6 foot tie downs? i think i am goin gto use this company it is a complete crate like full like 550 to be shi[[ed there not bad and the airports are 5 min away in ny and 5 min in tucson no problem so its good but i have to crate it and tie it down myself which gives me a little worries and i have to disconnect the batterey and no gas at all please help me im very worried

·
Registered
980 Posts
Discussion Starter #15
No Idea what about my stuff lol

·
Registered
378 Posts
ME2 said:
What's the deal with this Ohio dealership? Sounds like a few of you have purchased from there.
Cheap ;) Especially compared to pricing here in WA.

http://www.hondaeasttoledo.com/

I bought my '04 from them last August for $7,833.50 shipped from Ohio to the Seattle, WA area. Of course, I still had to pay TTL once I registered here in WA. In the end, my OTD with 9.1% sales tax and other misc. fees was no more than $8,600. Here in WA, MSRP is often the going rate then you have to factor in the BS freight and setup fees. I ended up saving about $1,200.

Last month, I bought an '05 for the wifey and was going to buy from them again, but I was able to convince a local dealership to match the true HET pricing (including shipping and TTL). I got the '05 for $9,200 OTD. The dealership's original pricing was like 10.7k OTD and yes, there are plenty of people who don't know better and unfortunately would buy it at that price.

·
Registered
980 Posts
Discussion Starter #19
how do i tie it down properly/

·
Registered
3,150 Posts
hotskate said:
how do i tie it down properly/

i usually leave it in 1st gear, use tie downs, one on each side to keep it from moving one way or the other, depress the shocks about half way to leave room for when you hit bumps then i use a tie down from the front around the back pegs to the other side front and make it tight against the front of the bed, trailer ect. Never had a problem ever

1 - 20 of 23 Posts