Honda CBR 600RR Forum banner
1 - 20 of 24 Posts

·
Registered
668 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hey

I'm looking to get a new helmet and I've been to my local store and of the helmets there the two clear favorites for me are the Arai Rx-7 Corsair and the Shoei X-11 (I think it's called a X-Spirit in Europe).

Both helmets have the same feel in terms of fit and are the same price so I was wondering if there are any opinions out there in terms of safety or little annoyances from using either of these helmets so that it can help me make a final decision.

Thanks in advance.

·
HONDAholic
914 Posts
Hey

I'm looking to get a new helmet and I've been to my local store and of the helmets there the two clear favorites for me are the Arai Rx-7 Corsair and the Shoei X-11 (I think it's called a X-Spirit in Europe).

Both helmets have the same feel in terms of fit and are the same price so I was wondering if there are any opinions out there in terms of safety or little annoyances from using either of these helmets so that it can help me make a final decision.

Thanks in advance.

I love Arai! good with wind, quiet, and nice designs! just my 2 pennies though~ good luck

·
Premium Member
53,946 Posts
If you can test fit an AGV GP-Tech do it superior quality
i sold both my RX-7 and X11 when i started wearing an AGV

·
Registered
668 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
these two fit the best but seem to be equal, my head doesnt suit agv or shark...

I went back to the store today and stayed there for over an hour, wearing the arai for an extended period and then putting the x11 on straight after and vice versa. I found the arai as more comfortable but then after a period of time (with lots of test fit jiggling) i realised that the arai didnt "grab" my head as good. the shoei was firm but comfortabe and once she beds in i think it will get even better where the aria could have become loose once bedded in....

so i just ordered the x11 in the yellow and blue Vermeulen design (with irridium blue visor)... cant wait for her to arrive (I wear size XS so store needs to order it in...)

thanks for everyone's advice:)

·
Registered
668 Posts
Discussion Starter · #11 ·

·
Registered
668 Posts
Discussion Starter · #12 ·
just picked her up:)

·
Registered
389 Posts
first off, both the RX7 and X11 are extremely noisy inside.
second, buy what feels best on YOUR head.

Not the new RX7RR5 (Corsair V in America)- this is a VERY quiet helmet. No need for earplugs at 65-70 mph! Older Corsairs deafen you at anything over 45. The difference is really amazing, especially as it vents at least as well as its predecessor.

+1 on wear what fits right. Nothing more important than the correct fit.

·
Registered
1,453 Posts
ARAI FTW! they fit better and look cooler than the Shoei's, both are excellent products from a functional perspective tho.

·
Registered
3,824 Posts
Hey

Thanks in advance.
They fit a little differently from each other (Arai / Shoei)
If you can go to your local dealer and try them ALL on.
That way you can find the one you like and fits the best.

THEN shop the Forum Sponsors to get yourself a great price.

You won't be dissapointed.
They may cost more then your average helmet, but once you ride for a few hours with one, you will see why.

1 - 20 of 24 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.