Honda CBR 600RR Forum banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
140 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Finally got my fairings back (they are scuffed a little) and im looking to pay off my bike, as well as the deductible for my surgery.
My plans to do so were to sell my RX7 (done) and to part out my baby.
Im not trying to make super money off of this but i have a guy offering me $1,500 for my front fork assembly(w/ wheel+brakes), full fairing set+headlights and fairing stay and my rear sets.
Correct me if im wrong, but thats a good deal on his part right? He keeps trying to haggle for subframe, rear rim and more but im not trying to lowball myself super bad. Just making sure im not in the wrong for holding my ground.
Not the biggest "bike parts salesman" but as far as i can tell its a sweet deal.

Why part out the bike you ask? Im not gonna be riding the next 6+months, so im gonna turn her into a full time track bike. upgraded wheels,race fairings, race fairing stay, shorty levers, rearsets and so on and so forth.

F

·
0 Posts
Go for it. Sounds like you have a good plan, but hold firm with what you offered and don't let em haggle. If buyer thinks youre not desperate and will walk away, you'll close the deal more in your favor.

F

·
0 Posts
Hate to rub it in, but the ride is insane. I know I'm supposed to break in the engine, but I had it in 6th and got it up (let's just say higher rpms) cause there was no one around and it was open highway. Think the dealer will know? It's almost time for the first service....

·
Registered
140 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Well the "break in" debate is a tale as old as time. I personally believe that babying the bike isn't the best thing. There are a few magazines that did dyno tests to see which method of breakin was better. Me? Ride it like ya stole it is the motto.

Dealer will never know lol unless you can't hold the excitement and tell them lol
6th gear pull? Wait till you drop it down to 2nd or 3rd and let it rip. wooo.. better hold on lol

F

·
0 Posts
That's a relief - no I wouldn't tell em. I'm tryin to play it safe, but every once in a while that devil on my shoulder gets the best of me. :evil3:

1 - 6 of 6 Posts