Honda CBR 600RR Forum banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
933 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
So today I went to turn my hi beams on and noticed the light on the dash was not lit nor was the headlight itself...

If i gently tap on the switch the headlight would light up as well as the light on teh dash.

Is there a way I can fix this??

·
Registered
933 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Sounds like a lose connection in the switch. New switch or rip that one apart and look inside

Sent from Motorcycle.com Free App
Where can I get a new switch?

How do you take the old one apart?

BTW... I am waiting to hear back from my neighbor as he does a lot of international shipping. I will get back to you soon!!

·
Registered
587 Posts
So today I went to turn my hi beams on and noticed the light on the dash was not lit nor was the headlight itself...

If i gently tap on the switch the headlight would light up as well as the light on teh dash.

Is there a way I can fix this??
Take apart the switch housing and check to make sure the connections are all solid...ones not clearly. If you know how to solder just resolder the loose connection. Easy fix.

·
Registered
933 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Take apart the switch housing and check to make sure the connections are all solid...ones not clearly. If you know how to solder just resolder the loose connection. Easy fix.

I honestly haven't looked at the back and didn't even know it was accessiable...

I'm sure it's a PITA to get to?

·
Registered
587 Posts
I honestly haven't looked at the back and didn't even know it was accessiable...

I'm sure it's a PITA to get to?
If I can remember right (even though I was just on my bike tonight) its the same as the starter switch housing. Just a couple of small screws. Take them out and it pops open.

·
Registered
933 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
If I can remember right (even though I was just on my bike tonight) its the same as the starter switch housing. Just a couple of small screws. Take them out and it pops open.

I'll have to look at them next week when I'm off of work..

Thanks!

1 - 8 of 8 Posts