Honda CBR 600RR Forum banner

1 - 15 of 15 Posts

·
Registered
27 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I just got these in today and installed the brake lever with no problems. The clutch lever does not sit far enough back so the holes don't line up and i'm not sure what is keeping it from going into place; also the screw will not even fit through the hole, if i flip it over it goes about halfway through the bottom (which doesn't do me a whole lot of good anyway).
has anybody had this problem? did a search and only saw one person ask this same question but nobody ever answered them.

·
Registered
27 Posts
Discussion Starter #2
oh yeah, btw I have an '05... if that matters/helps.

·
Premium Member
449 Posts
Pictures please.
:+1:

Also, brands please. Try loosening the brackets on the clip-ons/3Tree because you can rotate that around a little and it may help you get it in a better position to align them(no clue about the bolt being too short?). Like Bullast said, we can't help you if we can't "see" the problem. Is there cables causing it to be misaligned, there are so many potential problems.

Goodluck

·
Registered
27 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Ok, i was able to wiggle the holes to line up but the screw still won't fit in the new lever.
Pic!

Stock

Short lever

·
Registered
2,814 Posts
Damnit I'm in the sun and can't see it clearly. From what I can tell, it looks there's a sleeve in the lever that might come out.

·
Premium Member
449 Posts
Ohh, I gotcha, you probably want to get a new one in that case, if they didn't send you a screw of the right side, perhaps the lever isn't drilled out all the way, or there's something you can push in(a sleeve of some sort)? I've never had this happen and I've installed 3 sets on my bikes.

·
Registered
27 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
im afraid if i knock that sleeve out it will be too loose, it seems like its a fraction of a mm too narrow. If it is too loose after removing the brass sleeve will it affect anything?

·
Premium Member
449 Posts
It may rattle, but I don't think it's causing to cause problems, UNLESS you think the rattling will cause it to come loose.

·
Registered
8,768 Posts
are these levers for the correct year / bike?

·
Registered
27 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
ok, so i wasn't too fond of the idea of a loose clutch lever rattling my nut off (not that one perv), and seeing as that its been 3 hours since i emailed the seller and i'm very impatient when things I pay for dont work right, I went to plan B.
I took out the drill and used a 5/16" bit, now the screw fits like a glove. i guess thats why they make the sleeves out of brass. Thanks anyways guys!

·
Registered
1,308 Posts

·
Registered
27 Posts
Discussion Starter #14
These weren't pazzos, they were the ebay knock offs. The bolt should fit a 5/16" hole, the hole was just a little too small, all fixed now though.

·
Registered
226 Posts
I also have the eBay knock-offs. I didn't need to drill anything. Maybe different manufacturers?

1 - 15 of 15 Posts