Honda CBR 600RR Forum banner
1 - 20 of 33 Posts

·
Registered
224 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hey guys, figured I would throw up a couple pics of the bike with the freshly shortened Jardine. Took a total of 3" out of it to get it in from the end so it doesn't stick out past the tail. Definately worth the time it took me to do it!

·
Registered
2,639 Posts
Oh also how do you like those soft grips and by shortening your pipe did it make it louder or change its tone at all?

·
Street BOTM Winner 10/11
4,642 Posts
looks good bro, nice job. now take off your front reflectors.

·
Registered
224 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
Oh also how do you like those soft grips and by shortening your pipe did it make it louder or change its tone at all?
I love the Renthal grips, only thing I will use now after having them on my '05 as well. As for the pipe it is not a lot louder but it is definatly noticeable.

looks good bro, nice job. now take off your front reflectors.
Yeah I'm not sure why there even still on. Just noticed it tonight when I took the pics.

nice, how much did the PC for the swingarm cost?
Can't remember for sure and it was cdn $ but the swingarm and both covers was around $200 I believe....

·
Registered
2,039 Posts
Damn it look's so much more cleaner...

·
Registered
2,555 Posts
the swingarm and covers look suuuuuper clean. I would imagine that bike is loud as hell. the jardine already has a pretty loud nice sound, and getting rid of 3 inches of baffle must be super loud. I can't even image what that thing would look like 3 inches longer, seems like it would stick out WAAAYYY too far. My yoshi only sticks about an inch

·
Registered
1,157 Posts
dude i have the same slipon. I hate how friggin long it is. can you tell me how to do it? I like it alot. I love the powdercoat too. I am painting the fairings due to a lay down. Now I want to powdercoat the covers and the swing arm. Damn thats sexy.

pm me with details

·
Registered
1,157 Posts
the pegs too. I love it im doing green and black. I really want this stuff powder coated now. Did you say 200 for all of it or a piece? Will it rub off the pegs over time??

·
Registered
224 Posts
Discussion Starter · #11 ·
dude i have the same slipon. I hate how friggin long it is. can you tell me how to do it? I like it alot. I love the powdercoat too. I am painting the fairings due to a lay down. Now I want to powdercoat the covers and the swing arm. Damn thats sexy.

pm me with details

Yes it was $200 for everything and as for the pegs it will rub off a little over time just from such repeated rubbing.

As for the pipe shortening, very easy to do! There is actually a thread on here already about how to do it. Just do a search for Shortened Jardine and you will find it. The only difference is I took off quite a bit more. Let me know if you can't find it!

·
Registered
1,157 Posts
oh god. I don't know if I can do that. I don't have a rivet gun, the tools to cut it. I guess I could take it to my shop and see what happens. Can you shorten the midpipe instead on an 05?

·
Registered
224 Posts
Discussion Starter · #17 ·
Damn I want to shorten my Jardine but its got a carbon can, I don't think I can cut it down w/o messing it up bad.

You can do it the same way, you just need to wrap a few layers of masking tape around the can to keep the carbon from fraying and use a new hacksaw blade if you are steady with one or see if you can find someone with a bandsaw to cut it.

Oh and nice Micheal Bolton avatar!!

·
Registered
2,555 Posts
yea, if you wrap carbon with some light tack masking tape, it will prevent it from splintering. Its the same thing when cutting plastics or anything with vinyl decals so they dont shred or peel

·
Registered
224 Posts
Discussion Starter · #19 ·
Hey guys, here is the latest pic. Please excuse the shape of the bike, it's a bit torn down at the moment. I decided to go a bit further with the muffler. I took the scotchbrite to it and took all the shine out of it. Still not sold on it yet but it is easy to polish up again if I want to. The best thing though is I cut the strap down to 2 pieces and riveted the brackets on to the top of the muffler so now it is much cleaner and much easier to install as well since you don't have to try and squeeze the strap together while trying to get the nut on.

Also grabbed a quick vid. Sorry about the quality as it is just from a digi cam and not a video camera. Yes I know it is shooting flames.....just put the PC3 in and haven't tuned it yet. The vid doesn't give the full effect of how loud it actually is.

1 - 20 of 33 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.