Honda CBR 600RR Forum banner

1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
69 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
not positive what they are called I have heard a bunch of different names. Ive been trying to find a exhaust that is just the little slash cut that exits just out from under the fairing? I have yet to be able to find one for the 600 I found one for a 1000. if they don't make one does anyone have any insight on possible using one from maybe the 1000 or even a r6 or gsxr and fab it up to the RR.

also can anyone tell me any possible pros or cons of the shorty pipe?

·
Registered
1,759 Posts
I believe you're talking about the GP exhaust. There have been a few people that have done it, but I think most prefer the undertail exhaust. I don't think there is a direct slip-on for our bikes, but it can be done with some modifications. .

Sent from Motorcycle.com Free App

·
Registered
69 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
yea that is one way I have heard it referred as. do you know maybe which one is being used and what mods are being done to make it work?

·
Registered
69 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
It's a 2008

·
Registered
1,759 Posts

·
Registered
69 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
Thank you!! after seeing the one in the first link you posted that was just the kick over the edge that I want to do it. I was getting ready to settle and get a TOCE setup. just got done talking to a buddy of mine we are gonna get started on it in the next couple weeks. just wish he would have posted some more pics of the actual pipes and just how he did it. sounded like he left the servo in which doesn't sound like a bad idea.

·
Registered
1,759 Posts
I believe Tripage sells a relay that you can plug into the servo harness to keep from getting the FI light. If he doesn't, someone does; I know I've seen them before.
I believe in the first link they just have straight pipes, no muffler. It will be loud as hell! Good luck with your project and be sure to post pics.

Sent from Motorcycle.com Free App

·
Registered
69 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
Yea ill take a bunch of pics and start a thread and video to.

1 - 10 of 10 Posts