Honda CBR 600RR Forum banner

1 - 20 of 34 Posts

·
Registered
266 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
As I mentioned in my other post I like big bikes and I thought I would try a 600CC bike to replace my '05 Repsol that I crashed (total) in the twisties.

So, I bought a new '09 CBR600RR to get the experience on a 600CC bike and I think I regret it.

Why? I dare to lean more on my Busa, ZX-11, Repsol, VTX1300R than on my CBR600RR. My problem is that when I start to lean on the CBR600RR I don't feel its weight (it's just so much lighter than the bikes I listed) so it makes me back off from leaning lower.

So, if you see chicken-strips that are larger than 6" on the rear tire of a CBR600CC please don't laugh.

Looking back:
Before buying this CBR600RR I was in a polylemma whether to get a 600CC bike, Kawasaki ZX-10R, CBR1000RR, or a Busa that can beat a ZX-14R.

Perhaps I should have bought a ZX-10R (it was special edition with an excellent price).

NOTE: Folks, I just invented a word polylemma. The world dilemma was not applicable for the choices that I had.

·
Registered
1,637 Posts
next bike il be buying will be a 1000rr, liking the look of the 08+ so il wait and see what the 11s look like, and after they come out, 08 will be even cheaper...

·
Banned
1,009 Posts
polylemma....good new word.

certainly useful and clear in its meaning....when you have more than 2 good choices it is a "polylemma"
Any situation requiring a choice between equally undesirable alternatives is considered a delimma. There is no requirement that states an alternative is limited to one item.

Should we start a new language called preisserbonics?

·
Registered
148 Posts
Have you adjusted the suspension on your new bike? I just sold my 06 1000rr to get my 08 600rr and I instantly felt more confident on the 600 in the corners. For me, the lighter bike made it much easier and more fun to turn.

·
Registered
109 Posts
I just got myself a 08 1000RR and I love it. But I still have my 07 600RR too. Theyre both amazing machines. Its the opposite with me. I have no problem leaning with the 6, but lack confidence in the 1K. Ive been getting better with the 1K though. Planning on making the 6 an occasional track bike.

·
Banned
1,009 Posts
I just got myself a 08 1000RR and I love it. But I still have my 07 600RR too. Theyre both amazing machines. Its the opposite with me. I have no problem leaning with the 6, but lack confidence in the 1K. Ive been getting better with the 1K though. Planning on making the 6 an occasional track bike.
Its because neither of you have grown accustomed to the weight/handling of the bike. Thats just common sense... The '09+ CBR1000RR handles almost as well as its '09+ 600RR little brother, or so I've heard.

·
Registered
109 Posts
Its because neither of you have grown accustomed to the weight/handling of the bike. Thats just common sense... The '09+ CBR1000RR handles almost as well as its '09+ 600RR little brother, or so I've heard.
Not to mention the power difference. But I think I need to get it set up for my weight. I hear they come preset for a rider whose 150 and Im only 140. Like I said I've been getting better and my chicken stips are almost all gone, specially since going to the Tail of the Dragon/Deals Gap in NC/TN border.

·
Banned
1,009 Posts
Not to mention the power difference. But I think I need to get it set up for my weight. I hear they come preset for a rider whose 150 and Im only 140. Like I said I've been getting better and my chicken stips are almost all gone, specially since going to the Tail of the Dragon/Deals Gap in NC/TN border.
Yeah, I bet its the power difference that has you more concerned.... It would me anyway... In addition to the suspension setup.

·
Registered
1,273 Posts
Throw some new tires on there and you're golden - the stock tires provide zero feel. Getting the suspension set properly would also help.

·
Registered
3,205 Posts
Throw some new tires on there and you're golden - the stock tires provide zero feel. Getting the suspension set properly would also help.

:+1::+1::+1: Made a heck of a difference for me!

·
Registered
6,774 Posts
you need to learn how to ride, seriously.

·
Registered
306 Posts
I have both a 1000 and a 600, and i like the 600 more. Its just so nimble in the corners and its not a ridiculous amount of power. If your not much of a canyon carver the 1000 will do on the back roads scary amount of torque that can get you in big trouble with the bacon.

1 - 20 of 34 Posts