Honda CBR 600RR Forum banner

1 - 20 of 22 Posts

·
Registered
233 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I just need to rant this out......

Got my CZ rims the other day and have been kind of busy the last few days but wanted my sweet ass rims on ASAP. (I'm like a little kid i couldn't wait)

So i figure instead of wrestling the tires on the rims and so on, i'll just see if the local stealership has a decent price. Stop by the place, guy tells me NP it'll be around $130 to mount the new rubber, and switch the rims so i'm like the hell with it OK can i bring it in tommorow, SURE!.

Drop off the bike around 11am this morning. He alrady starts giving me some song and dance about "oh, i didn't know i needed to swap the front rotors too" and he rants on....."gonna be like 2hrs billable" mind you i have a new rear rotor and sproket that i installed. So he already started with the price is going up ********. so i'm still lke screw it, just get it done....

Call the guy up around 4:30 and ask "hey man, do you know when i can pick my sh*t up?"

Local Douch "oh i told you when you brought it in not till tomorrow, gonna take me alot longer to swap those front rotors, gonna have to heat the rotors, those bolts are to hard to get out,,,," and he goes on and on. mind you the bike has less then 200miles....

Now my bike is still there...and i hate the fact thats its not in my garage.

Should have just done the **** myself would have been less agrivation then this.

Moral is do your own work, keep your whore home in the gerage....
and know its done right........

Peace........

·
Registered
619 Posts
I hear ya man. Quotes always sound good at first. I'm sure he knew he had to take off the rotors. Mechanics play stupid 9 times out of 10. Thats why if you find a good one, and a honest one, keep him. And if he isnt the cheapest, so be it. In the long run you'll save. My best friend is the only guy i let work on my car.

·
Registered
6,211 Posts
that sux man...

i've lucked out so far with that stuff... with the bike anyways

usually my car is that one that all of a sudden they didnt know it had a continuum transfuntioner with too much headlight fluid and loose muffler bearings... lol

·
Registered
563 Posts
You were better off taking them off yourself and it would have saved you the time,trouble and money. I took my wheels off took the rotors off 50 bucks later I had new tires mounted and put my rotors on myself...

·
Banned
1,086 Posts
You took it to a shop to have the wheels put on? Good lawd.

You should have taken the rims to cycle gear and had the rubber put on and put the wheels on yourself. $130 is a **** load.

·
Registered
15 Posts
Try and find a local motorsports store. We used to have a guy who'd mount for free if you bought the rubber from him. Unfortunately this guy went out of business a year or two ago. Too bad, would do anything for his customers.

·
King of UPS
2,946 Posts
I have to defend some dealerships well one to be exact, North Valley Honda
If and the rare times I bring stuff there It Is done when they say it will be, If they say an hour its and hour and so on and so on, Now as for the price, They are really GOOD at making sure you know what you are paying for and getting before you leave..

·
Registered
1,034 Posts
So the dealership is gonna heat your rotors up to take the bolts off? ... and the bike has less than 200 mi ? .... I would go take my bike back now and not give them a cent! .... No way would I let them heat up my rotors.. :tard:

·
Registered
39 Posts
Try and find a local motorsports store. We used to have a guy who'd mount for free if you bought the rubber from him. Unfortunately this guy went out of business a year or two ago. Too bad, would do anything for his customers.
No offense to the guy in your example but maybe he didn't charge enough. Everyone loved his low prices so much he couldn't make a profit and stay open.

There are several bike shops here in Chicago that I refuse to go to for service. The one that I do go to has excellent service and the prices aren't always the cheapest or cheaper than others but my bike is returned to me correctly and on time. FYI tire change =$79 per around here!

·
Registered
233 Posts
Discussion Starter #14
*******UPDATE********

well, just pick up the bike and the price really went to ****, the final number was $220 how do you like that BS....I think i might just dispute the charge on my CC. You can't argue when they have your sh*t.....lesson learned....I guess he seen me coming, new bike 2k rims..and so one....i'll put up a pic soon....

·
Registered
15 Posts
No offense to the guy in your example but maybe he didn't charge enough. Everyone loved his low prices so much he couldn't make a profit and stay open.

There are several bike shops here in Chicago that I refuse to go to for service. The one that I do go to has excellent service and the prices aren't always the cheapest or cheaper than others but my bike is returned to me correctly and on time. FYI tire change =$79 per around here!
He was only slightly lower than dealerships of the area, but he just never got the traffic that delearships had. My town doesn't have much of an interest in motorcycles.

·
Registered
352 Posts
I agree with you Stephen. I purchased my ride there last january and haven't had any problems with their service department yet. It's a shame though that for every one good dealership there are several that suck butt!!

·
King of UPS
2,946 Posts
I started buying from them in 06 when Mark Ledesma was there.. Man I miss him he was the BEST great tuner great Mechanic, although Rex who filled his spot Is good, But Mark was the best at the Dyno. He hear that he was an AWESOME and feared racer as well.. Ya know when you are ready to put miles on that bike lemme know... What miles do you have now on your bike today ? Me I have 9700

I agree with you Stephen. I purchased my ride there last january and haven't had any problems with their service department yet. It's a shame though that for every one good dealership there are several that suck butt!!

·
Registered
150 Posts
So the dealership is gonna heat your rotors up to take the bolts off? ... and the bike has less than 200 mi ? .... I would go take my bike back now and not give them a cent! .... No way would I let them heat up my rotors.. :tard:
It wouldn't surprise me if those bolts are thread locked

·
Registered
233 Posts
Discussion Starter #20
It wouldn't surprise me if those bolts are thread locked
yes there are (they have some red stuff on them from the factory, maybe red locktite) actually according to the service manual they should be replaced. so if i wanted to dispute it i can just ask if he changed them. Bolts cost $6 each from the dealer and there are 6 on each side, so bolts should have cost $72. So right there you know the job was wrong. even though i'm sure no one ever replaces these.....

1 - 20 of 22 Posts