Honda CBR 600RR Forum banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
324 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hey Y'all,

I dumped my 04 600rr last week and the insurance company totaled it. The front end is where all the damage is. I think everything behind the triple tree is perfect. I am definitly taking the Yoshi Carbon RS-5 off and putting the stock can back on but is it worth it to buy the bike back from the insurance company and try to sell some of the rear end parts which are 100% perfect?

·
Alcoholic.
1,852 Posts
Hey Y'all,

I dumped my 04 600rr last week and the insurance company totaled it. The front end is where all the damage is. I think everything behind the triple tree is perfect. I am definitly taking the Yoshi Carbon RS-5 off and putting the stock can back on but is it worth it to buy the bike back from the insurance company and try to sell some of the rear end parts which are 100% perfect?

SOunds like more effort then its worth, if you can keep the trashed bike for free, I'd sell the excess parts and add it to what they will give you, if they want you to pay for a bike they themselves labeled as totalled, then no, not worth it.

·
Banned
1,086 Posts
Can't answer that unless we know how much you can buy it back for.

·
Registered
324 Posts
Discussion Starter #4 (Edited)
Can't answer that unless we know how much you can buy it back for.
I am waiting to get the figures from the insurance company but i was thinking that the they couldn't ask for more that $500 bucks for it...

My next door neighbor bought his brand new $15k 07 Ducatti back from the insurance company for $1,800. Mine bike blue books for $6k.

How much could i grab for the swing arm, rear cowl, clear alt tail light, rims with fairly new pilot powers. I am also sure that the engine still runs, just the starter button is shattered right now.

I mean if there was someone who was fixing there 04 and had a rear end accident this bike would be perfect!

It was put down in grass go 20mph and the handbars hit a telephone pole. Not even a scratch on the engine cover

i think the bike could be a great stunt bike too if someone had a frontend. i was going to fix it myself but i have no place to do it at.

I'll take some photos and post them

·
Banned
1,086 Posts
If they offer it for that much, then undoubtedly it would be worth it.

You can tear down a bike to such a great extent and sell every little piece off of it on eBay.

·
Registered
324 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
Here are some pictures of the bike after the crash... As you can see from the first picture I waited till it hit grass before ejecting myself out of the telephone poles path... I was lucky!!

1 - 6 of 6 Posts